Getaway Teen Club Recent Experiences

sjh422

We sailed on the Escape last Thanksgiving with our 13 year old grandson. The teen club facilities were impressive, however, our grandson found that were very few scheduled activities and opportunities to meet other teens so he was disappointed.

We are sailing this Thanksgiving - Nov 20 on the Getaway with our grandson again. Has anyone sailed on the Getaway recently with a teen, and if so can you relate your satisfaction with the teen club.

We sailed on the Escape last April and my 13 year old had the same issue. He felt that there wasn't much for him to do. The big pool was for adults only and the other pool had all the little little kids in it. The games were all for 18 and over. We are going on the Getaway next April. We are also hoping it I is better so we will be following this thread.

this doesn't bode well for our upcoming trip with our 17 year old son and 2 - 15 year old girls - were there activities the first day/night so they could get to know one another? On DCL we didn't see the boy except for at meal time - it was glorious!

First let me say that my grandson has cruised on the RC oasis 4 times and each time has found friends on the first evening of the cruise. However, he said there were only older teens on the first night of the Escape and very few organized activities throughout the cruise. . A few months after the Escape cruise my grandson cruised with his parents on the Disney Magic and met 4 other boys his age with whom he hung out during the whole cruise and participated in many activities. There is no doubt the Disney cruises have the best kids programs, but what amazed me was that there were quite a few teens on his cruise. Hoping that his experience will be better this time on the Getaway.

I am the CC group leader for your sailing and my son is 15 and would love to find someone to hang out with other than his 5 sisters!

We are having an embarkation M&G for the kids/teens to have some familiar faces to explore the ship with!

I have no experience on the Getaway teen club but sailed her the same time last year and there were lots of kids in there and hanging out the duration of the cruise.

I've only had good experiences with NCL's teen clubs, 14, 15, and 17. My teens would go the first night, do a scavenger hunt, and we rarely saw them again. They participated in planned and unplanned activities.

We had the same experience with our now 16 year old son. He absolutely LOVED his experiences on Breakaway at 13, and Getaway at 15. We never saw him, with the exception of required check-ins a few times daily, one required family dinner during the week, and a set curfew. He was happy as a clam.

We were on the Getaway this month. Our daughter (13) loved the teen club - Entourage. She went the first day and went back every day all week long. They had lots of scheduled activities (sports, karaoke, scavenger hunts, wii & air hockey, basketball & soccer games/tournaments, a dinner, a behind the scenes tour, - lots of choices for all ages) and only one was cancelled (due to weather). She met lots of kids her age from many places around the world. They were open from mid morning on sea days till 1am (which was curfew for all kids under 18 not with a parent) and on port days they would open around sail away till 1am. She had a blast and made many friends.

I'll have my 13 year old daughter who still chats with her group from her last 2 cruises so please make sure I get the info on the M&G!!

I am on the Thanksgiving sailing, too, traveling with my ds (12 almost 13). Come visit us on our roll call here on the boards. The M&G info is there, and you just post your names to be included.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app

I've only had good experiences with NCL's teen clubs, 14, 15, and 17. My teens would go the first night, do a scavenger hunt, and we rarely saw them again. They participated in planned and unplanned activities.

I absolutely agree with this! The teenagers should go to the Teen Club/ Entourage the very first night. After participating in a few activities that evening, they will find friends that very first night!! Works every cruise for our kids!