2017 Carnival Dream - A Royal Caribbean Cruiser

MyNameIsGermy

We cruise almost exclusively with Royal Caribbean and have only done one Carnival Cruise, a 4 night trip on the Carnival Destiny which was an unmitigated disaster. Fast forward a few years, we now have a 3 year old and a large group of friends have booked a grand suite on the Carnival Dream for a 7 night cruise in July 2017.

From my quick research, it looks like the Carnival Dream is a significantly different ship than the Destiny (which I believe has since been renamed) and that it's going in to a dry dock in early 2017. Anyone know for sure what's being added / taken away during that dry dock?

I've had trouble finding recent reviews (last few months) of the Dream and hoping that some of you wouldn't mind sharing your recent experiences on board. I didn't see a thread with any "good to know" information for the Dream. Any feedback on the specialty restaurants? It doesn't appear that there are any suite perks on Carnival, is that accurate? Does Carnival really charge for a lot of their items on the room service menu?

I know the experience between Royal Caribbean and Carnival is different and I think my expectations are set appropriately. I'm just worried about ending up in another disappointing situation.

Thanks in advance for any advice or feedback.

-germ

We are planning to go on the Dream in February. It will be out of dry dock then. Usually they upgrade the restaurant areas, add Guy Feira's hamburger area, etc. the decor might be upgraded too but basically it's the same ship. I could t find anything on Carnival site.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I was in the dream with my family over Easter this year (2016). A link to my review is in my signature.

In short, we had a great time. So good, my kids both cried when we disembarked and having been begging to go again ever since ;).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app