Cannes to St Paul de Vence

Venusian

What's the best way to get from Cannes to St Paul de Vence? Can I take the train? It looks like I might have to take the train and bus?

Is it worth the trouble or should I just take the train to Antibes?

What's the best way to get from Cannes to St Paul de Vence? Can I take the train? It looks like I might have to take the train and bus?

Is it worth the trouble or should I just take the train to Antibes?

The best way is to simply rent a car and drive (about 45 min from Cannes). A one day rental car will generally cost a lot less then an excursion (for 2) and gives you complete flexibility. There is a large paid parking garage right past the main gate to St Paul de Vence...and there is also free parking along the road (although you might have to go a long way to find a free place). Using public transit to St Paul de Vence would mean taking the train to Cagnes sur Mer and then catching the #400 bus to the town...but this can be a time consuming exercise...depending on connections.

Nothing wrong with Antibes (we often stop there after we visit St Paul de Vence) and you can easily get there from Cannes via the train or regional bus. Personally, we still love going to St Paul de Vence..although we must admit that the town has lost too many of its previous wonderful art galleries and gained a like number of touristy shops. But if you are interested in art and do rent a car you can also drive over to the nearby Maeght Fondation Art Museum where the contemporary exhibits are world class (for those that like modern art).

Hank