Port Canaveral Shuttle Connection

golfpccc

If the cost is the same as DCL transfers, I can't see a reason to use them. You won't get the luggage service that you get with DCL transfers (picked up from your hotel room, next see them outside your cabin door on the ship).

DCL transfers have their downside, but the upside is service. For more than 4 people you can arrange a private limo service that will leave at the time you specify...but you'll need to get your luggage to the front of the hotel (bell services is available) and remember to tip the porters at PC.

I asked this question on the Disney Boards because I thought maybe I'd get better response. Thanks for your responses. But, has any one used the Port Canaveral Connection? We are cruising on Royal Caribbean, so can't use the DCL transfer and there are only 2 of us. Don't want to rent a car!

The Port Canaveral Connection is the only shuttle I can find that will pick up at Disney Resorts and shuttle to Port Canaveral and return to Airport, but I can't find any reviews on this company. So, has anybody used them? Just a little leary using a company that has no reviews!!

Carla

Edited by golfpccc

Sorry, no I haven't used them.

Another alternative (if you can get transportation from MCO) would be to talk Magical Express (free) to MCO and get transportation to the port from there. Yes, it would be a pain to do two forms of transportation, but.....

To make it work, you have to look up a flight that departs about 3 hours later than you wish to be at the airport and DO NOT check your luggage with ME, take it on the bus with you. They will assign you a time that will get you to MCO "3 hours before your flight."

I asked this question on the Disney Boards because I thought maybe I'd get better response. Thanks for your responses. But, has any one used the Port Canaveral Connection? We are cruising on Royal Caribbean, so can't use the DCL transfer and there are only 2 of us. Don't want to rent a car!

The Port Canaveral Connection is the only shuttle I can find that will pick up at Disney Resorts and shuttle to Port Canaveral and return to Airport, but I can't find any reviews on this company. So, has anybody used them? Just a little leary using a company that has no reviews!!

Carla

Have you asked over on the Florida Departures Board?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=495

Carla

There are many companies that will pick you up at a Disney resort and take you to Port Canaveral. Have you asked on your meets thread what transfers others are using if you are on there?

I think OP's issue (if I understand correctly) is that there are two people only, which makes the use of a limo service quite costly. A limo service is generally about the cost of 4 people using DCL transfers. They are looking for something like a shared shuttle to keep costs in the range of DCL transfers.

They need transportation at as reasonable a rate as they can get and do not want to do a car rental.

There are lots of good, reputable limo services in the area, but they are typically $125-$150 for a one way from WDW to PC.

One thought--is there such a thing as an RCCL board where you could meet up with others who might be doing WDW prior to your cruise? It might be possible to share transportation and the associated costs with someone you meet on line.

Edited by moki'smommy

I think OP's issue (if I understand correctly) is that there are two people only' date=' which makes the use of a limo service quite costly. A limo service is generally about the cost of 4 people using DCL transfers. They are looking for something like a shared shuttle to keep costs in the range of DCL transfers.

They need transportation at as reasonable a rate as they can get and do not want to do a car rental.

There are lots of good, reputable limo services in the area, but they are typically $125-$150 for a one way from WDW to PC.

One thought--is there such a thing as an RCCL board where you could meet up with others who might be doing WDW prior to your cruise? It might be possible to share transportation and the associated costs with someone you meet on line.[/quote']

Thank you, I have asked on our RCCL board, but so far no answer. I thank you all for your help, but if anyone has ever used Port Canaveral Connection, please let me know. Thanks.

Carla

we are taking our car rental to cape Canaveral then drop off at dollar there. take dollar shuttle to ship. return to mco after cruise by shuttle shared booked thru viator a trip advisor company $27. each one way to mco after cruise. you can also book round trip from mco if you want? and take shuttle free from Disney to mco

Edited by thunderfrompa

• 3 weeks later...

I usually rent a car in Disney since I want to go to places outside Disney. You can return the car near the Port. Budget I know has a location that is not too far.

A bit of advice if you do rent a car. Drop you family and luggage off at the pier first with the porters and drive yourself to the car rental location. That way it is only one person carrying nothing who has to get onto a shuttle. You might think it wastes time, but it saves time and hassle because getting all the luggage out of the car, into the rental shuttle, and then off the shuttle to the porters takes time.

The last time we needed a minivan so we rented it through the cruise (which was a four night RCCL Majesty cruise). I paid for the parking at the port for $80. But it was still cheaper and easier to park in the garage than to have to return the car, and then pick up another one.

• 2 months later...
Sorry' date=' no I haven't used them.

Another alternative (if you can get transportation from MCO) would be to talk Magical Express (free) to MCO and get transportation to the port from there. Yes, it would be a pain to do two forms of transportation, but.....

To make it work, you have to look up a flight that departs about 3 hours later than you wish to be at the airport and DO NOT check your luggage with ME, take it on the bus with you. They will assign you a time that will get you to MCO "3 hours before your flight."[/quote']

The answer I've been searching for. We are staying at a resort and don't want to wait around for DCL to come pick us up and was hoping to just have THE DME take us back to MCO to grab the DCL Transport. Thanks a bunch!

The answer I've been searching for. We are staying at a resort and don't want to wait around for DCL to come pick us up and was hoping to just have THE DME take us back to MCO to grab the DCL Transport. Thanks a bunch!

When you get to MCO, grab your luggage and go to the Welcome Center at terminal B (same place you caught the Magical Express bus to MCO) and check in for DCL transfers. The "tickets" will be in the booklet you'll receive from DCL. The DCL transfers start running about 9:15-9:30, so plan accordingly.

The Magical Express driver will only drop you at the departures drop off area, so you will have a bit of a walk. When you are choosing your hypothetical flight to book the ME to MCO, it is helpful if you choose a terminal B airline.:)

When you get to MCO' date=' grab your luggage and go to the Welcome Center at terminal B (same place you caught the Magical Express bus to MCO) and check in for DCL transfers. The "tickets" will be in the booklet you'll receive from DCL. The DCL transfers start running about 9:15-9:30, so plan accordingly.

The Magical Express driver will only drop you at the departures drop off area, so you will have a bit of a walk. When you are choosing your hypothetical flight to book the ME to MCO, it is helpful if you choose a terminal B airline.:)[/quote']

Thanks again! You are so helpful on these boards! We plan on doing just what you said.