Vacation Planners

I have seen several threads lately about people getting a call from a RCL Vaction Planner. I too got one if these calls and subsequent email and first thought it was because of us recently earning Diamond Plus status but then I saw all the posts on here and now believe that was not necessarily the case.

My question is, are they employees of Royal or are they just contracted by Royal to help customers? The one I talked to told me she was in Oregon. Does Royal have an office in Oregon? Are they like a travel agent and will I have complete control of my reservation on the website or would I have to call them for everything same as if they were a TA? Also, since I am now D+ can't I just call the D+ desk for any help I need?

I have seen several threads lately about people getting a call from a RCL Vaction Planner. I too got one if these calls and subsequent email and first thought it was because of us recently earning Diamond Plus status but then I saw all the posts on here and now believe that was not necessarily the case.

My question is, are they employees of Royal or are they just contracted by Royal to help customers? The one I talked to told me she was in Oregon. Does Royal have an office in Oregon? Are they like a travel agent and will I have complete control of my reservation on the website or would I have to call them for everything same as if they were a TA? Also, since I am now D+ can't I just call the D+ desk for any help I need?

They are employees of RC and RC does have an office in Oregon.