spirit 7 v. dawn 10

LDinCT

Booked the Spirit 7 night from NYC in March, but now thinking the DAwn 10 night might be a better choice. Is it true you have less spring breakers on the longer cruise because they only have 1 week off? Would prefer a 7-day I think. Did the 9 day RCI Voyager over the summer. It was a little long, we were all pretty sick of each other by then even in a Balcony cabin. But, the 10 day goes into the Caribbean v. the 7 day which just goes to the Bahamas. In March, aren't the Bahamas still a little cold? And DH and DS(12) are asking me if we are really going to go on the "rogue wave ship". I told them that odds are way in the Dawns favor of never happening again!

LDinCT

Think the Dawn is preferable if only for the superior 10 day itinerary. You will definitely get less students of all ages on a 10 day cruise. However, the Spirit will also be offering longer winter cruises out of New York so you can't go wrong by sailing either Dawn or Spirit cruises of similar length.

Think the Dawn is preferable if only for the superior 10 day itinerary. You will definitely get less students of all ages on a 10 day cruise. However, the Spirit will also be offering longer winter cruises out of New York so you can't go wrong by sailing either Dawn or Spirit cruises of similar length.

No one seems to care about the itin. My DS(12) doesn't even like to get off the ship. And as I just had some suspcicious mole removed from my arm yesterday, I'm thinking Bahamas in March might not be a bad thing. I got a lot of sun on my 9 day Caribbean in July.

The Bahamas can be cool in March. We took the Dawn 7-day last March and had cool weather the whole week. I would personally like to go to the Caribbean that time of year. We did the 10-day on the Dawn last Dec. and loved it. The ports are so much better. I think the Spirit or the Dawn are going to be nice. The Dawn has a few more options. I would like to try the Spirit though. We've already done the Dawn twice.

Archived