Good News and Bad News

Good News - Returned from a fabulous week on Majesty yesterday; without doubt the best of the 8 Thomson cruises we have done.

Bad news - Our travel insurance is due for renewal and our current insurer (StaySure) have refused to cover Hubby in future as his medical conditions have recently deteriorated and no longer fit in their new 'pre-existing conditions criteria'. Have spent all morning trying all other options with no success so he is now officially classed as uninsurable. Under the circumstances we have had no option but to cancel our CMV cruise booked for July next year (for his 70th birthday and out 30th Anniversary) as we cannot risk being in the remote Scottish islands with no insurance if he suddenly becomes ill.

Feeling rather sad.

I am so sorry to hear this campolady. I extend my very best wishes to you and your hubby and hope that you can enjoy many more trips within the scope of what is advisable and possible. You live in a lovely part of the world - hope you are able to travel and make the most of it. I wish you well. :)

Thanks for all your comments - sadly none of the insurance companies recommended will offer ExPat cover that we need as we do not live in the UK.

Hope you had a great holiday Linda. - how was the Rocamarina?

Edited by campolady

We had a lovely time and really loved the ship. Rocamarina was lovely too. Food was wonderful, even better than the ship and that is saying something!

So glad you had such a good time Linda. We may well try the Rocamarina next year.

Campolady please try free spirit insurance ,father in law has had 3 strokes 2 heart attacks ,diabetes ,uses a wheelchair and is covered for his hearing aids ,70 yrs old . Just over £400 annual policy covers cruises but only allowed to disembark in European countries. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Campolady please try free spirit insurance ,father in law has had 3 strokes 2 heart attacks ,diabetes ,uses a wheelchair and is covered for his hearing aids ,70 yrs old . Just over £400 annual policy covers cruises but only allowed to disembark in European countries. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you Stelin34 - sadly Free Spirit only cover people who love in the UK and we live in Spain.

So very sorry to hear you have had to cancel your cruise Campolady and very sorry your Hubbie's health has declined. Have you tried an Insurance Broker (if they have them in Spain - surely they do) or try brokers in Gibraltar.

I do hope you can find someone to insure you and wish you both well :)

Good News - Returned from a fabulous week on Majesty yesterday; without doubt the best of the 8 Thomson cruises we have done.

Bad news - Our travel insurance is due for renewal and our current insurer (StaySure) have refused to cover Hubby in future as his medical conditions have recently deteriorated and no longer fit in their new 'pre-existing conditions criteria'. Have spent all morning trying all other options with no success so he is now officially classed as uninsurable. Under the circumstances we have had no option but to cancel our CMV cruise booked for July next year (for his 70th birthday and out 30th Anniversary) as we cannot risk being in the remote Scottish islands with no insurance if he suddenly becomes ill.

Feeling rather sad.

hi Campolady

cruisebrothers here glad to here that you had a good cruise. sorry to here about your insurance hope you can get it sorted. we posted on roll call going on the majesty on the 18th regarding seven seasons restaurant evening meal time start and first show times .also don't really fancy getting dressed up for captains dinner would shirt and tie be appropriate dress code

thank you would welcome a reply

hi Campolady

cruisebrothers here glad to here that you had a good cruise. sorry to here about your insurance hope you can get it sorted. we posted on roll call going on the majesty on the 18th regarding seven seasons restaurant evening meal time start and first show times .also don't really fancy getting dressed up for captains dinner would shirt and tie be appropriate dress code

thank you would welcome a reply

Hi Cruisebrothers

We ate in Seven Seasons each evening - they officially open at 6.15 p.m. but the doors were always open just after 6. Food and service were very good.

The first show starts at 8.30 p.m. This is preceded by a half hour set by the excellent group Muzzik Unlimited from 8 p.m. Seats start filling from 7.30 p.m. when the theatre waiter drinks service also starts.

The daily dress code for the following day is listed in the 'Cruise News' each evening:-

'It is smart casual for evenings in the waiter service restaurants; for men that means full-length trousers and a polo or open-necked shirt. However, during the Captains formal reception men are encouraged toi wear a jacket, shirt, tie and long trousers.'

Hope this helps.

Thanks again Vitalsign - I contacted expatriatehealthcare after reading your post but unfortunately they also will not cover pre-existing conditions. Ibex have already refused to cover my husband.

I really appreciate the time you have spent in trying to help.

Edited by campolady

Thanks again Vitalsign - I contacted expatriatehealthcare after reading your post but unfortunately they also will not cover pre-existing conditions. Ibex have already refused to cover my husband.

I really appreciate the time you have spent in trying to help.

hi cruise brothers here thanks for your reply getting exited now it was just what we wanted to here. shirt and tie will have to do staying in Majorca and packing restriction its my 60th birthday and also our ruby wedding anniversay

Hi Campolady so sorry I couldn't help but I do hope someone out there can but it could cost more than your cruise for pre existing conditions but don't give up yet Have you tried a broker?

Have tried brokers both here and in the UK but they all give the same reply. You have been so kind Vitalsign.

hi cruise brothers here thanks for your reply getting exited now it was just what we wanted to here. shirt and tie will have to do staying in Majorca and packing restriction its my 60th birthday and also our ruby wedding anniversay

Have a wonderful time - and many congratulations on your birthday and anniversary.

Thankyou Campolady - I feel for you both and dread ever getting in the same position I live for my cruises and would be so depressed so probably would consider no insurance - not sensible I know

The previous kind post having looked at the site for Globelink looks promising pls let us know how you go on

Like you I live in Spain as an expat,I am 70 and have a number of ailments

I use Globelink International based in Kent and have an annual policy with them for all cruises etc

Give them a try

Thank you for posting - I actually have just taken out insurance with Globelink but they won't cover my husbands medical conditions. So kind of you trying to help.

Edited by campolady