When to pre purchase Cheers?

Avril

I've heard that for some things (from the Fun Shops, Bon Voyage, Formalities, etc) there is a certain amount of time before the cruise that you can no longer order them online. I've heard of time limits anywhere between 2 weeks before the cruise until 24-48 hours before. I'm just wondering, is this true and if so, does it apply to the Cheers Program? I'm just trying to figure out if I should pre purchase Cheers now or if I can wait until tomorrow or Friday (or if it's already too late and we'll have to buy it onboard). We sail on October 21st but we're flying to Barcelona on Saturday the 15th so we won't be able to pre purchase any later than that. I hope this makes some sort of sense. Thanks so much!! :D

For Cheers:

Cut-off for pre-purchase is the day before embarkation and 11:00pm EST through call center.

Thanks!! :D Is that for online pre purchases as well or just by phone? We'd be doing it online (unless of course, we had to do it by phone). Sorry if these are stupid questions, it's just that whenever I've bought Cheers in the past, I've bought it onboard (cause that was the only way to buy it) so I'm not entirely sure how pre purchasing it works. :o

Thanks!! :D Is that for online pre purchases as well or just by phone? We'd be doing it online (unless of course, we had to do it by phone). Sorry if these are stupid questions, it's just that whenever I've bought Cheers in the past, I've bought it onboard (cause that was the only way to buy it) so I'm not entirely sure how pre purchasing it works. :o

The way it reads to me is saying if you wait until the day before your cruise starts, then you have to call to purchase it. If you get it anytime before the day before, you can still buy it online. After 11:00pm the night before, it can no longer be pre-purchased.

The way it reads to me is saying if you wait until the day before your cruise starts, then you have to call to purchase it. If you get it anytime before the day before, you can still buy it online. After 11:00pm the night before, it can no longer be pre-purchased.

That makes sense, thanks!! :D I think we'll go online to pre purchase it either today or tomorrow (since we leave for Barcelona on Saturday).

I've heard that for some things (from the Fun Shops, Bon Voyage, Formalities, etc) there is a certain amount of time before the cruise that you can no longer order them online. I've heard of time limits anywhere between 2 weeks before the cruise until 24-48 hours before. I'm just wondering, is this true and if so, does it apply to the Cheers Program? I'm just trying to figure out if I should pre purchase Cheers now or if I can wait until tomorrow or Friday (or if it's already too late and we'll have to buy it onboard). We sail on October 21st but we're flying to Barcelona on Saturday the 15th so we won't be able to pre purchase any later than that. I hope this makes some sort of sense. Thanks so much!! :D

I would NEVER prepurchase Cheers.

Many find that during the hard sell on board, they forego the requirement that all adults in the cabin need to buy it.

So many find they just have to buy it for the one that drinks, and not the one that doesn't.

Many find that during the hard sell on board, they forego the requirement that all adults in the cabin need to buy it.

So many find they just have to buy it for the one that drinks, and not the one that doesn't.

Even it that's the case - they are going to charge the on board price. Not worth the risk - IMHO.

OP....take the discount. The situation above happens rarely if at all. We purchase ours on line about a week before and never had an issue.

I would ALWAYS pre purchase Cheers because we both use it and it's $5 per day cheaper.

Less expensive to prepay. And I don't believe for one second that they need to hard sell cheers. If you want it, get it. If not, pay as you go. Taking a chance on some far off idea that they will negotiate on a popular product and then waive the requirement that all adults in a cabin have to buy it is foolish thinking IMO. I would say if you have already decided to get it that all adults actually want it. So why buy onboard and pay more money? Makes no sense.

Keep with your plans and buy it in advance. Safe yourself a few bucks since you know you want it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Many? That's surprising. You'd think it would be all over this board if it happened often.

Edited by momof3cruisers

I tried to pre purchase online as well.. but the online system is not set up for gift cards :confused:

I'll see if I can argue about that onboard and try to get the discount price..

I remember reading on one if the threads that you can call the 800# to order and use gift cards.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What? I've never even had someone approach me to ask me about selling me the cheers package. I've seen tables set up in the lobby bar area and at the Lido on embarkation day, but NEVER has anyone even so much as looked at me when I pass by them. They are there if you want to approach them to buy it. Which ships have you been sailing? Must have been different than mine.

What? I've never even had someone approach me to ask me about selling me the cheers package. I've seen tables set up in the lobby bar area and at the Lido on embarkation day, but NEVER has anyone even so much as looked at me when I pass by them. They are there if you want to approach them to buy it. Which ships have you been sailing? Must have been different than mine.

Exactly our experience as well.

And....in reality WHY would they make a "hard sell" approach to anyone??

How would they know that the guest doesn't already have it and how angry would the guest who paid full price be to hear others on board received that deal?? As another poster pointed out - it would be ALL over these boards if it was happening that way!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by happy cruzin