Royal IQ text/call cost

rtazz17

I like that Idea the most Clara.. thank you!:* I think I will stick to the text idea.. ( providing our carrier has that option) if not I will Call around.. maybe buy some cheap phones..

But I will reinforce a strong rule.. about limitations.. ( not for conversation)

other wise.. $$$

Also make sure that cellular data is turned off on the phones.

You mention cheap phones. Before you buy, be sure they work with Cellular at Sea. I'm pretty sure I've read that some prepaid phone plans won't work on Cellular at Sea.

Yeah the thought of a thousand incoming text from the Bf back home scares me...

My advice - if available, enable WiFi calling on all the phones and practice at home living in WiFI mode only (Airplane mode, then turn on Wifi only). Then do the same on the ship with the extra restriction that only one teenager at a time can be connected to the internet. Your wallet will like you and you won't get a bill from the phone company.

if all else fails.. do you know if you can receive/ access your voice mails from other locations on the ship?

I'm thinking you could use that to keep in contact.. & its free :)

Yes, but you need to go to the phone in the cabin to retrieve them.

While we were on our TA this past August out of Copenhagen back to Boston, I texted even from islated ports of Iceland and shared pictures with the daughter who lives in Colorado. I didn't buy any package. Granted it worked better once in Port then on the Ship but we were stilla ble to send messages back & forth. .You would need a Smart phone other then regular Cell Phone. I have an Android Samsung