Rain Forest distance from San Juan Cruise Port

rngoofy

We are cruising n The Anthem July 2017, wondering if it is doable to visit the rainforest while in port in San Juan, any help is appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The drive from the Old San Juan port up to El Yunque National Forest to the La Mina Falls visitor center runs around an hour.

Last winter we did a day with tours by ellis.....my husband had the time of his life hiking in the rain forest....ellis was one of the nicest,most interesting people i have ever met anywhere....i could have talked to him the entire time....we had a wonderful day and night....he dropped us in farado for the biolumenescent tour and returned us to our hotel in sj at night....he was just awesome....you tell him what you want and he will figure it out or make suggestions....he drives an suv....the 12 hr day was $250 whether there were 2 or 4 of us....i highly recommend him...

Last winter we did a day with tours by ellis.....my husband had the time of his life hiking in the rain forest....ellis was one of the nicest,most interesting people i have ever met anywhere....i could have talked to him the entire time....we had a wonderful day and night....he dropped us in farado for the biolumenescent tour and returned us to our hotel in sj at night....he was just awesome....you tell him what you want and he will figure it out or make suggestions....he drives an suv....the 12 hr day was $250 whether there were 2 or 4 of us....i highly recommend him...

I second Ellis. We have used him twice and can't say enough good things about him. HE is on Facebook "Tour with Ellis: See the Real Puerto Rico" You can find him on Craigslist or email him at fleisherellis@aol.com