Internet pre-purchased vs onboard

For my FOS Dec 30th sailing, the 30% off sale was around perhaps a month ago. I mistakenly selected the 4 device package x 4 adults. And could not delete it from my cart. Yesterday when I logged in, the item is "no longer available online" :(

From past experience, can anyone share if the discounted 4 device package will return later?

I am bummed that I did not get this done earlier. :(

Another example of IT glitch with RCI - you'll have to call to fix that and I'm sure the 4 device will be available. BTW, I assume you know that you can use 4 devices with a single device package.

We were on the Oct. 2nd sailing of the Allure. I prepurchased the internet package for one device. My husband used our Diamond Plus credit for the second device. He didn't get around to using one until there were only 3 days left in the cruise. At that point, the Diamond Plus package credit of $40.00 covered the remaining THREE days.

The days remaining package should be available all the time up till two days to go.

On a typical 7 day cruise for a D+ couple, the internet could be free. If you skip the first day (you'll typically have land signal till dinner time),get 2 days with the first coupon and then get the remaining days package like DH did with the second D+ coupon. This is for a one device Surf package.

Do both. My TA suggested that I pre-purchase it then after we get onboard go to the cust. svc. desk and have them apply the C&A discount to what you paid. I haven't tried it on past cruises but I am this time...

They also told me the same thing...but called 2 more times and both those times, they said you can't combine them. So, I will use my D+ discount for a second device.

Gwen :)

All internet coupons for C&A members are the same regardless of length of cruise, so it's two 24hr periods of Internet. If you are travelling with another D+ your internet is free for the cruise as you would have 4 days worth of coupons.

Thanks, just what I was looking for:)

Is the "one device" pricing based on one device at a time, or does it stipulate that only one device can be signed on per package purchased, ever?

We've never purchased internet on RCCL before but had a very good experience on Celebrity with an unlimited plan that we were able to share in among family members by taking turns logging our devices in and out.

We couldn't, of course, communicate with one another using a messaging app this way, but we could all check email and social media and whatnot as needed.

Is the "one device" pricing based on one device at a time, or does it stipulate that only one device can be signed on per package purchased, ever?

We've never purchased internet on RCCL before but had a very good experience on Celebrity with an unlimited plan that we were able to share in among family members by taking turns logging our devices in and out.

We couldn't, of course, communicate with one another using a messaging app this way, but we could all check email and social media and whatnot as needed.

I think one device at a time. I think you have a code or just your sign on and password, so should be able to use it on multiple devices, but only 1 at a time.

Gwen :)

Internet works the same on RCI ships as Celebrity.