If you brought your own photographer, how did you get away with it?

Shyle

We have been told by our cruise wedding organiser lady that we absolutely cannot bring our own photographer.

However, others have, how did you get around it? Is there actually a written policy about this?

Any information is amazing. We are thinking Alaska and I just can't see Princess denying access to the ship to someone with a fancy camera because it's Alaska.....everyone seems to bring their fanciest camera.

Anyone can photograph you with their own equipment.

The only time I have seen a restriction is when you are taking a photo with one of the ship's photographers (with a background, etc). They don't want guests stepping in and photographing while they are photographing.

• 1 month later...
We have been told by our cruise wedding organiser lady that we absolutely cannot bring our own photographer.

However, others have, how did you get around it? Is there actually a written policy about this?

Any information is amazing. We are thinking Alaska and I just can't see Princess denying access to the ship to someone with a fancy camera because it's Alaska.....everyone seems to bring their fanciest camera.

My finace is a photographer and he brings all his equipment every time we cruise. We have never had an issue, he even uses his tripod. Just tell the cruise people its not a photographer, but a family member. They can't deny you that.

• 1 month later...