Lobster Taken Off Menu?

broadwaycam

Does anyone know if lobster has been taken off the menu at all the specialty restaurants.? I thought I read something a while back but can not remember. Also do they still have it in the complimentary main dining rooms? Just wondering if my friends will be able to get lobster at all during our cruise.

Does anyone know if lobster has been taken off the menu at all the specialty restaurants.? I thought I read something a while back but can not remember. Also do they still have it in the complimentary main dining rooms? Just wondering if my friends will be able to get lobster at all during our cruise.

The only option for lobster is in the MDR for an upcharge of $24.99

The only option for lobster is in the MDR for an upcharge of $24.99

That is a shame. I seem to remember on the Escape they had lobster in the French restaurant and the Statehouse and possibly even Italian. I can not believe they keep cutting things.

Edited by broadwaycam

That is a shame. I seem to remember on the Escape they had lobster in the French restaurant and the Statehouse and possibly even Italian. I can not believe they keep cutting things.

Lobster used to be in all three of those specialty restaurants, but no more.

It will be back.

There was a shortage in lobster bait (herring) which led to a lobster shortage. Lobster has disappeared from the menus and reappeared on the menus before.

I remember this happening years back on Celebrity; it left then eventually came back.

It has been replaced on those specialty menus by a shrimp dish, for the same price as the lobster used to cost ($25). I suppose it is conceivable that they are using some very expensive type of shrimp, or the dishes contain 3 pounds of shrimp, but selling shrimp for the price of lobster doesn't seem right to me.

I realize that very few people are actually paying $25 (because most people in the specialties these days are either using a dining package, or they are just ordering a bowl of soup à la carte :p), so the menu price is kind of meaningless. But for the same reason, they wouldn't lose much money if they listed these shrimp dishes at a lower price, and it would be a little less outrageous.

It has been replaced on those specialty menus by a shrimp dish, for the same price as the lobster used to cost ($25). I suppose it is conceivable that they are using some very expensive type of shrimp, or the dishes contain 3 pounds of shrimp, but selling shrimp for the price of lobster doesn't seem right to me.

I realize that very few people are actually paying $25 (because most people in the specialties these days are either using a dining package, or they are just ordering a bowl of soup à la carte :p), so the menu price is kind of meaningless. But for the same reason, they wouldn't lose much money if they listed these shrimp dishes at a lower price, and it would be a little less outrageous.

FYI...I had the shrimp dish at LeBistro on my cruise 2 weeks ago...it was good...but not worth the $ had I had to pay (I was using my Platinum voucher)

Just to compare...I had a shrimp entree in the MDR the night after ...very different (actually a cold entree)...and it was fantastic...:D