Currently on the Empress of the seas

Hello Cruise Critic Family,

I'm sailing the 5 night Key West and Cozumel route. Happy to answer any questions you may have. I didn't purchase voom so will have somewhat limited access but feel free to ask away and I'll do my best to get answers.

So far the ship is in great shape, the crew awesome and my room unbelievable - F1 8664. Looking forward to a wonderful trip.

Vickie

We are on this cruise soon. Our main concerns are that our JS cabin is right under the pool deck (worried about noise) and AC in the cabins. Any feedback on that would be great. Thanks and hope your cruise is going great.

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk HD

Great to hear the ship is in good shape !

How's the crowd ? Do you feel crowded at all up on the top Deck ?

Restaurants ? Public areas ?

And to find seating for the shows at night ?

I booked a 7 day in December , can't wait to board her !

Not crowded at all. We are sailing at capacity and I keep wondering where everyone is. I went to the theatre early last night as I was concerned about seats and it wasn't an issue even right before the show started.

I see you are D+. I know there is no Diamond Club or Concierge. Do they have a lounge reserved for cocktail hour, or are you just restricted to the 3 drinks/day on your Seapass Card during that time?

Thanks! Have a great trip!

No lounge (just the three drinks ) but they did a little get together last night - 4:30 - 5:15 behind Boleros. It was nice to be back there for sail away.

Edited by vikielynne

We are on this cruise soon. Our main concerns are that our JS cabin is right under the pool deck (worried about noise) and AC in the cabins. Any feedback on that would be great. Thanks and hope your cruise is going great.

I have an outside cabin on deck 8 so can't say about noise on a balcony but I haven't heard any noise so far.

My cabin is freezing - no problem with AC. I actually turned it as warm as I could get it last night.

Overall it's been wonderful! Everyone, crew and passengers are all great. I think passengers all have the same thoughts - to enjoy this great little ship and relax.

Do you remember what the names of the menus are that you had and which nights? Also do you have any copies of your cruise compass. I am taking a 5 day cruise of January and trying to plan ahead, thanks any infor will help.

Do you remember what the names of the menus are that you had and which nights? Also do you have any copies of your cruise compass. I am taking a 5 day cruise of January and trying to plan ahead, thanks any infor will help.

I have pictures of the menus for last night and tonight but can't figure out how to post them here. I'll work on that and the cruise compasses when I get home.

So, did you hear if we can legally purchase real cuban cigars and if there is a limit ?

It is on the news here that you can now bring them state side.

Thanks

I was told yes but they didn't know if there was a limit so will see if I can get more information.

Someone just posted recently that they have discontinued and cut back on several things since the August sailings. One was no more lobster on 5 night cruises. Hoping that is incorrect - can you confirm? I think it is usually the 4th night, but not certain.

Hope you are having fun!

It's wonderful to hear she looks good and has a fantastic crew! The last couple reviews have been a little down on her.

Can you let me know how busy the pool is on sea days? And if many lounge chairs seem free? Are there just the two hot tubs?

Enjoy your trip! I'll be in your shoes in six days!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

It's wonderful to hear she looks good and has a fantastic crew! The last couple reviews have been a little down on her.

Can you let me know how busy the pool is on sea days? And if many lounge chairs seem free? Are there just the two hot tubs?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk[/quote

There are 3 hot tubs all grouped together on the center of the pool deck. Yesterday was the first season day and by about 12:00 it was a bit crowded. You could get an odd empty chair but that was it. I generally find a spot in the pool and camp out there. The good thing I noticed was we don't seem to have chair hogs - people come and when they go they take their stuff so you stand a chance of getting a poolside spot. There were plenty of seats at chairs and tables so that's an option as well.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk[/quote

There are 3 hot tubs all grouped together on the center of the pool deck. Yesterday was the first season day and by about 12:00 it was a bit crowded. You could get an odd empty chair but that was it. I generally find a spot in the pool and camp out there. The good thing I noticed was we don't seem to have chair hogs - people come and when they go they take their stuff so you stand a chance of getting a poolside spot. There were plenty of seats at chairs and tables so that's an option as well.

Thank you! Hopefully folks are just as polite on my sailing next week!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Someone just posted recently that they have discontinued and cut back on several things since the August sailings. One was no more lobster on 5 night cruises. Hoping that is incorrect - can you confirm? I think it is usually the 4th night, but not certain.

Hope you are having fun!

Was on the 10/10/16 sailing which was 5 nights. No lobster on any night. :(

Edited by gloriab43

We were cancelled off Empress in late May, its final cancellation before entry into service. Probably better off. I sure read some horror stories at the beginning month or so but from some of the reviews Ive read and videos Ive seen on YouTube it looks like everything has been ironed out and it looks enjoyable and very nice. We may try it out in the future.