Flying with lithium-ion batteries in scooter

mamasylvia

When I was flying home from Venice on an Iberia flight two years ago; at check-in they insisted that my lithium batteries must go as checked luggage. The batteries were no worse for the wear when we arrived in Chicago. Since we had to get our luggage to go through customs we retrieved my batteries and carried them on for the short flight home. The batteries still hold a charge.

Edited by katisdale

After much thought and agonizing on the whole scooter situation I have decided to bring my original 274 Wh battery on the month long trip. I have been reassured by the Travelscoot company that my battery will be okay if I have to check it into the luggage compartment. I was worried it might be too cold but they said it would be fine.

I am going to return the 160 Wh battery and get a refund of the $900 I paid for it. It just did not perform well enough. If I was a lot lighter in weight it might have been better but alas I am not a light person.

I will post back in mid-December when I return home about the airlines and the battery. Wish me luck.

Wendy:)

• 2 weeks later...