Million dollar quartet

Glad you get to have Kurt home for Christmas. I did look up more info on Carl and Jerry Lee. Was surprised the way Jerry Lee lived his life he was still alive. After reading about these guys it brought home one of the last lines in the show that Sam Phillips said and I'm sure I don't have it totally correct that it was to bad they didn't have more happiness in the lives of all four. Also in talking to Silas I know that he was really happy MDQ got switched to the Getaway about same time he left the Escape.

Edited by swmichigan cruiser

Should we be nervous about a new cast? Hopefully they're every bit as good as the outgoing cast, which everyone has raved about.

I hope not, but I do not know anything about the new cast.

I have heard that some casts are better than others over the three years I have been following the show. At any given time, there have been shows in Chicago, Vegas and a national touring company, as well as regional productions.

It is hard to cast the show under the best of circumstances because of the level of talent needed. This show needs what they call a "triple threat"-actors who can sing, play instruments and act. It is doubly hard I would suppose to cast people who will agree to be on the high seas for six months (or more) at a time without a chance to go home.

I would hope for the best and look forward to hearing what people think about the new cast. I hope that they too will "break a lot of legs"!

Edited by Seminole1975

snip

This is this cast's last week ya'll! Their contract ends December 4th. They have done a great job IMHO and have had some once- in- a- life time experiences (such as three weeks in Rio for the Olympics)! They were voted the best NCL show at sea several times. They entertained literally thousands of people when you think about it.

My son is staying on one more week until Dec 11th to cover the male vocalist in Burn the Floor until the new guy arrives. Then home for Christmas for the first time in four years!! Yay!

We are on the Dec 4 sailing and had originally booked the Thursday performance. We were notified recently that the schedule had been changed to Fri Sat. I wonder if this is why, to give the new crew another day of rehearsal?

Edited by KarlChilders

We are on the Dec 4 sailing and had originally booked the Thursday performance. We were notified recently that the schedule had been changed to Fri Sat. I wonder if this is why, to give the new crew another day of rehearsal?

I do not know. Possibly, but they rehearse and are supposed to get the show together in Tampa before they get on the ship.

The new cast was supposed to start November 20th. They asked the current cast to stay 2 more weeks until December 4th. My son did not say why however.