a quick alert...norwalk virus

travler153

Traveler153,

I never knew it could be retransmitted. That would be aweful. Are you saying that the cruise line knew about the outbreak and did not inform you at time of embarkation? If so, that is very risky for you and them.

Yes, that is exactly what happened!!!!! They told no one what had happenned when we got on at San Juan. Did not say anything until 2 days later at St. Martin, and even then they did not give us all the facts. They minimized the seriousness of it and how long it lasts. And while it is true that anybody, could bring such a thing on board at any time, the biggest problem here was Sea Dream's reacton to it, which was very poor indeed - completely cold and callous in my opinion. The illness ruined our vacation on board and our shore side vacation afterwards. And we, like most of the people I talked to, received no help from them at all. I cannot imagine a worse response from a company. We were even treated better by our hotel after we got off- after finding out that we had been ill, people kept asking us if we felt better. A small thing perhaps, but more than we got from Sea Dream. Sea Dream should, I think (1) never let us on board and (2) after that mistake, they should have stopped the cruise as soon as the first people got sick, and (3) either way they should have given us all the facts. A company really shows what it is like when something goes wrong, and in my opinion, in this case, that was exactly what Sea Dream did. And since we are back, I have heard nothing from them to cause me to change my mind, about the quality of service provided. So again, if it were me, and I could do so without penalty, I would cancel my Sea Dream cruise, and go with a more competant and caring comapny( by the way, though I have not been on either, I can't count the number of people on our cruise, who told me that Seabourn and Silversea, were much, much better, especially service wise)

Traveler153,

I never knew it could be retransmitted. That would be aweful. Are you saying that the cruise line knew about the outbreak and did not inform you at time of embarkation? If so, that is very risky for you and them.

Yes, that is exactly what happened!!!!! They told no one what had happenned when we got on at San Juan. Did not say anything until 2 days later at St. Martin, and even then they did not give us all the facts. They minimized the seriousness of it and how long it lasts. And while it is true that anybody, could bring such a thing on board at any time, the biggest problem here was Sea Dream's reacton to it, which was very poor indeed - completely cold and callous in my opinion. The illness ruined our vacation on board and our shore side vacation afterwards. And we, like most of the people I talked to, received no help from them at all. I cannot imagine a worse response from a company. We were even treated better by our hotel after we got off- after finding out that we had been ill, people kept asking us if we felt better. A small thing perhaps, but more than we got from Sea Dream. Sea Dream should, I think (1) never let us on board and (2) after that mistake, they should have stopped the cruise as soon as the first people got sick, and (3) either way they should have given us all the facts. A company really shows what it is like when something goes wrong, and in my opinion, in this case, that was exactly what Sea Dream did. And since we are back, I have heard nothing from them to cause me to change my mind, about the quality of service provided. So again, if it were me, and I could do so without penalty, I would cancel my Sea Dream cruise, and go with a more competant and caring comapny( by the way, though I have not been on either, I can't count the number of people on our cruise, who told me that Seabourn and Silversea, were much, much better, especially service wise)

First class all the way... the food was great... everyone we spoke to was very pleased with the entire trip. What can I say... grand marnier souffle, bailey's profiteroles, tiramisu, chocolate souffle with godiva sauce, chateaubriand, rack of lamb, dover sole, champagne... absolutely wonderful. But I must say the best day was the one spent on Jost Van Dyk with the champagne and caviar splash, and the beach BBQ.

Archived