celebrity ripoff!!!!!! Never Again

rt1092

It seems that most TA's on CC (and there are a lot of them!) are angry! I know the internet has almost eliminated your chosen professions but you don't need to ridicule people who do their own bookings. My BIL is a TA in Germany and Germans used TA's MUCH more previously than Americans do and he is about the most bitter person I have ever met with regard to internet vacation sales. I do feel bad that jobs in your profession are an ever shrinking reality but reading posts on this thread and everywhere else on CC regarding how well you do your jobs and all the perks you can get people is really getting old and is really on the verge of begging, some of your posts are quite embarassing. I don't begrudge you your employment but please if your job is going away look for another and stop trying to sell the rest of us on how important you think you are! Let the TA flames begin.....:D

I don't begrudge you your employment but please if your job is going away look for another and stop trying to sell the rest of us on how important you think you are!

I couldn't agree more. I always book directly from the cruise line, arrange my own flights, my own hotels, and so on. I have never felt the need for a travel agent.

Do I sound angry, mr dawson? I love my job. If so, please tell me where I appear angry. I was simply defending myself by saying I do not oversell as SS Cruise Lady implies.

BTW, this is not my primary income.

You, specifically don't sound angry but you do seem to be trolling for business!:D

It seems that most TA's on CC (and there are a lot of them!) are angry! Reading posts on this thread and everywhere else on CC regarding how well you do your jobs and all the perks you can get people is really getting old and is really on the verge of begging, some of your posts are quite embarassing. :D

No flames from me.

I am also embarassed by the actions of many TA's on these boards.

I own a small mom & pop travel agency. We have great clients who really appreciate us & we get most of our business from word-of-mouth. Thankfully, we also have a specialty market & our sales have generally remained steady. We don't need to continually pat ourselves on the back for a job well done, not do we feel the need to "prove" our self-worth.

Our policy is to keep focused on our own business & never mind what's in our neighbor's backyard. You can't change the times, nor can you change certain people's minds. I wish that many TA's over here would just understand that.

No flames from me.

I am also embarassed by the actions of many TA's on these boards.

I own a small mom & pop travel agency. We have great clients who really appreciate us & we get most of our business from word-of-mouth. Thankfully, we also have a specialty market & our sales have generally remained steady. We don't need to continually pat ourselves on the back for a job well done, not do we feel the need to "prove" our self-worth.

Our policy is to keep focused on our own business & never mind what's in our neighbor's backyard. You can't change the times, nor can you change certain people's minds. I wish that many TA's over here would just understand that.

I think when this TA thing all washes out, TA's such as yourself will be the only ones left standing!:)

Do I sound angry, mr dawson? I love my job. If so, please tell me where I appear angry. I was simply defending myself by saying I do not oversell as SS Cruise Lady implies.

BTW, this is not my primary income.

When I posted that some travel agents are more concerned with what is most profitable for them than what is best for their client, I wasn't referring to selling a more expensive cabin than they can afford. Some TA's will steer clients toward a product based on which cruise line offers them the most favorable compensation package, without considering what is best fit for their client.

wow, I don't know what I missed, but as a TA I guarantee you most of us to do not stear our clients to anything. I try, as do my bosses to place my cleints where they seem to fit best. A few months ago I booked clients in about the least expensive hotel in Vegas and the least expensive week of that month: My commission, after everything: put it this way< it was a joke, but you know what? They are loyal clients and this is what fit their need. When they book a cruise next year it will be inside guarantee: that is the best for them. The internet has not yet, come close to putting us out of business. Will it eventually, yes, probably, like many of you. Right now we still are able to hang in there as many clients either prefer to leave the problems to us or trust us to know a little more. For those of you who want to do it your way, that is ok also. My best client (4 to 6 trips a year) mostly on luxury ships or 5* resorts doesn't want to bother. He lets me know what he wants and I take it from there. 2 days ago I had a client that thought he could do better booking on the net? He tried the two larges internet companies and got the same price from them that I gave him. He was delighted to come back to me. I have a very good friend, on the other hand that did book on line: I couldn't come close to what she got and she is a seasoned cruiser. I don't blame her. I think my point here is two fold: most of us care more about our clients and repeat business than we do about 1 sale and we can give service you won't get on line, but an honest agent does know the times are changing. NMnita

As a TA let me just mention a couple of things: can we always get better deals, give you all kinds of perks or even solve your problems? No, we can't, we are not God or even close, what we can do, is support you and work for you; see that everything goes smoothly,

I will add that when you'll find that you really need your agent is when something does go wrong. Makes all the difference in the world when you have someone that you can call and yell "HELP!"

Believe me ... I know ... from first-hand experience.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived