Picton, NZ - Wine tour or boat tour?

Brymandas

We're a wine-loving couple, but we also love boat tours and wildlife. We'll be doing a wine tour in Napier, and (likely) a wildlife boat tour in Akaroa, as well as a wildlife tour in Dunedin. So what is the better choice for Picton? Cruising the Queen Charlotte Sound, or doing a wine tour in the Marlborough region?

Edited by Brymandas

Tough call. Both are amazing. Some of the best wine touring I have done and the Queen Charlotte Sound is breathtaking. Maybe take the boat and buy some bottles and do your own tasting when you get home.?

I know it's not the same at all. If you don't live near a wine region you might regret missing out on the winery tours.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 5 weeks later...
We're a wine-loving couple, but we also love boat tours and wildlife. We'll be doing a wine tour in Napier, and (likely) a wildlife boat tour in Akaroa, as well as a wildlife tour in Dunedin. So what is the better choice for Picton? Cruising the Queen Charlotte Sound, or doing a wine tour in the Marlborough region?

I like both Wine and Wildlife but you get to experience some of the Marlborough sounds on the cruise into and out of port so I would suggest you take a tour to NZ's largest and most famous wine region. Marlborough is famous for its Sav blanc and Pinot noir but also has amazing Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Riesling. You can even taste Merlot, Syrah and Melbec if you get on the right tour. Check out Hop n Grape tours Marlborough.

Also consider BubblyGrape tours. We had two great days of touring and tasting. My favorites were Alan Scott and Wither Hills (they both also are great places for lunch). But I was disappointed about not getting to the Queen Charlotte Sound and hiking. Next trip. Everything is a tradeoff.

Sent from my iPad using Forums