Eurodam stateroom 4039, salt spray a concern

Cruizann

My DH and I were in stateroom 4007 on the Nieuw Amsterdam and there was salt covering the balcony and the furniture. We wondered if stateroom 4039 on the Eurodam would also have a problem with salt spray or if we would be far enough from the bow of the ship. Thank you very much for your help with this.

We have stayed in 4043 on a couple of different ships and did not experience excessive salt deposits on the balcony and furniture. It being a ship on the ocean, some salt/spray is to be expected and should not be a major problem unless seas are really rough. In 2008 on the Zuiderdam in 4043 we experienced 20ft waves but I don't recall it being an issue - or maybe it did not bother us.

We have taken 10 cruises with HAL and always had a stateroom mid ship or close to the stern and we have noticed a very small amount of salt on the teak railing but nothing that bothered us at all. Our stateroom VF 4007 was on a 7 day western carribean (we scuba dive) and the salt covered all the furniture, floor and cushions on the seats. We had hoped to dry our wetsuits etc on the balcony but it was so salty that this was not possible. If you did not notice a problem with salt on the balcony in 4043 then we should be just fine in 4039. Your help is much appreciated.

On several HAL ships with a veranda cabin near stern and bow. Sale spray usually not a problem, BUT in each cabin, where there were high waves and high wind (steady or gusts) the result was salt spray on veranda. Worse in cabin nearer the bow. However, in my experience, much of the problem was overnight, and EACH morning my cabin stewards would wipe the salt spray off the railing, the see through panels and the table. In terms of the furniture, the cushions have been removed each evening and replaced in the morning. When salt spray had hit them they were wiped as well. Of course, anything that occurred during the day remained until the next morning.

Just my experience.