Recent Triumph cruisers

cortneyward

I've found a video on another site showing recent MDR menus, but am not seeing escargot or the rack of lamb (as a steakhouse selection). Would anyone happen to know if these were options? Not a huge deal, just curious since those are favorites

There was a lamb shank on the menu one of the nights, but no escargot. There was a lot of beef, 2 nights had prime rib, one night had braised short ribs, and one had grilled beef tenderloin. In addition, the flat iron is still on the menu every night and the 2 we had were both good. If you have any questions let me know, I have all the FunTimes except the first day, the hub app was so useful that I never went to find it. I don't have pictures of the menu but I'll try to recall what I can.

There was a lamb shank on the menu one of the nights, but no escargot. There was a lot of beef, 2 nights had prime rib, one night had braised short ribs, and one had grilled beef tenderloin. In addition, the flat iron is still on the menu every night and the 2 we had were both good. If you have any questions let me know, I have all the FunTimes except the first day, the hub app was so useful that I never went to find it. I don't have pictures of the menu but I'll try to recall what I can.

Thank you! Glad to know the Hub app is useful, I'll definitely be using it

• 3 weeks later...

What?!! No escargot? I'm flying across the country to sail the Triumph next week and am really hoping this isn't true! It has been offered on every Carnival cruise I have ever been on and is one of the things my DH looks forward to the most. If it doesn't appear on the menus, has anyone had success making a special request for it??

Another question for recent Triumph cruisers... are there blankets available to check out for the Dive In Movies?

What?!! No escargot? I'm flying across the country to sail the Triumph next week and am really hoping this isn't true! It has been offered on every Carnival cruise I have ever been on and is one of the things my DH looks forward to the most. If it doesn't appear on the menus, has anyone had success making a special request for it??

Another question for recent Triumph cruisers... are there blankets available to check out for the Dive In Movies?

I know, I'm pretty bummed about the escargot too. Especially since we can't get that where I'm from. If you search carnival triumph on a very popular video site (not sure if mentioning the name is allowed here 😳), you'll see a food tour video that shows recent 5 night menus as well as several of the other dining venues

Ok thank you, I looked up the videos and noticed the omission of escargot where it usually is on the American Feast menu. In fact, there doesn't appear to be any "Rare Find" on the menu at all that night. Odd. Well that won't stop me from asking if I can get some anyway. :p I'll report back if I have any success with that. :D

Just got off the Triumph a week ago and there is no Escargot on the menu. There is a lamb dish offered, but can't remember exactly what it is. There is Oysters Rockerfeller and tons of other great options. Our large group ate in the dining room every night. There were many different options and almost everything I had was awesome. The short ribs were spectacular. My son even tried the frog legs! Enjoy! We did :)

Yes you can still check out blankets for movies. In fact it was so cold on deck some nights I checked out two and it was still too cold to stay out after the first movie. I wasn't the only one freezing. Was warm around the islands but Brrr it was cold when you were away from them, especially on the way back. I just got back from a Halloween cruise. We had high winds and cloudy weather though, you may have better weather than we did. I would recommend packing something warm to wear in the evenings just in case. I thought I had a light jacket packed but it turned out it got left in my hotel bag instead of my cruise bag, I was seriously missing it on deck. On the up side it was really easy to get a good chair to view the movies. We got front row seats every night with no problems.

Edited by poobears

• 2 weeks later...

Alrighty then, add me to the list of people who can confirm that there is no escargot available on the Triumph. :( Every time we asked we were told it is only on 7-day cruises now (which I know is not true across the fleet but NBD). Fortunately my DH wasn't too disappointed and we thoroughly enjoyed our cruise nonetheless. :D We ate dinner in the dining room every night and almost everything we ordered was fantastic!! We had never had Oysters Rockefeller before and fell in love with those so they were an acceptable substitute. ;)

Thank you poobears for answering my question about the blankets. I didn't see your post before I sailed so I brought my fave fuzzy blanket from home for the movies and just lounging on the balcony since another recent review mentioned how cold and windy it was. Turns out I didn't need it because 1) none of the movies looked good to us so we didn't go and 2) it was soooooo warm this past week, even when out at sea. In fact, the only time I needed the light jacket I brought on the trip was when walking around INSIDE the ship at night due to the frigid A/C. The weather was seriously amazing and it was much more comfortable outside for pretty much the whole cruise.

This was one of my favorite cruises ever (I think I say that after every cruise though lol) and I'm jealous of all you who are still looking forward to your sail date instead of just relishing the memories like me. :) Y'all have fun!!

This was one of my favorite cruises ever (I think I say that after every cruise though lol) and I'm jealous of all you who are still looking forward to your sail date instead of just relishing the memories like me. :) Y'all have fun!!

Sounds like you need to go book another cruise

Alrighty then, add me to the list of people who can confirm that there is no escargot available on the Triumph. :( Every time we asked we were told it is only on 7-day cruises now (which I know is not true across the fleet but NBD). Fortunately my DH wasn't too disappointed and we thoroughly enjoyed our cruise nonetheless. :D We ate dinner in the dining room every night and almost everything we ordered was fantastic!! We had never had Oysters Rockefeller before and fell in love with those so they were an acceptable substitute. ;)

Thank you poobears for answering my question about the blankets. I didn't see your post before I sailed so I brought my fave fuzzy blanket from home for the movies and just lounging on the balcony since another recent review mentioned how cold and windy it was. Turns out I didn't need it because 1) none of the movies looked good to us so we didn't go and 2) it was soooooo warm this past week, even when out at sea. In fact, the only time I needed the light jacket I brought on the trip was when walking around INSIDE the ship at night due to the frigid A/C. The weather was seriously amazing and it was much more comfortable outside for pretty much the whole cruise.

Thank you for reporting back! Seeing the menus, I don't think I'll have a hard time finding something delicious!

• 1 month later...

Just off the Triumph and the final dinner did have escargot as an option (which we had). I was hoping to have frog legs, but they didn't make it onto any of our menus.

Lamb was offered once or twice. I had the 'lamb 3 ways' (a small shank, 2 attached chops, 2 sausages). Overall, it was very good. I might have seen it offered as just a shank on some other night's menu.

Edited by jimbob22