Anybody been to Tortola?

barbarah

We're booked on the Sun in February and the excursions aren't available yet. I looked up Tortola on the Ports of Call board, but there's limited information. Has anybody been there? What did you do there? We'd love to go to the Baths, but our friend who's travelling with us has recently had a hip replacement and it seems like its a tricky, long rocky path down to the beach, which I don't think he can maneuver.

Any info would be great.

Thanks.

Here's a good site-I like Brewers Bay but I'll probably try Smugglers Cove this cruise. You have to go to Pusser's for lunch and a "Painkiller"-I'll never have another one again. It knocked me out!!!

I LOVE Tortola

Cane Garden Bay used to be really nice but now it's way to crowded with too many yachts anchored out.

http://www.experiencebvi.com/islands/tortola.htm

We're booked on the Sun in February and the excursions aren't available yet. I looked up Tortola on the Ports of Call board, but there's limited information. Has anybody been there? What did you do there? We'd love to go to the Baths, but our friend who's travelling with us has recently had a hip replacement and it seems like its a tricky, long rocky path down to the beach, which I don't think he can maneuver.

Any info would be great.

Thanks.

Hi,

I just thought that I would give you the link to the Spirit eastern carib itinerary which includes Tortola. If you want to get a detailed listing of the excursions, it is available on the excursions link, which is the second posted link. The available excursions should be the same on the Sun, depending on the length of time in port.

We went to the baths, and it was great. It may be difficult for physically challenge persons to navigate themselves onshore, but I am not sure what may be there to accomodate them to enjoy the spot. This may be better answered by another member.

Good luck.

http://164.109.173.140/shorex/downloads/order_forms/sc_spirit_10d_05-06.pdf

http://www.ncl.com/shorex/geninfo.htm#

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to do a beach thing go to Cane Garden Bay. You can rent chairs, umbrellas and there are plenty of bars/restaurants along the beach. We had a wonderful day there a couple of weeks ago. There are plenty of cabs available to return to the ship.

No problem for someone who had a hip replacement.

• 2 weeks later...

went to tortola last year. Just wanted relaxing day at beach after hectic week. Group of 8 got a taxi at the pier. He recommended a beach on the other side of island that was not as popular/crowded. I forget the name of the beach, but I believe a little tiki bar/ restaurant named Myett's (possibly spelled wrong) was on the beach. Rented beach chairs, had a couple drinks, did a little shopping at the store. snorkeled and relaxed. Not many people there at all -- very relaxing and easy access. Cab driver hung out all day with us. Before heading to the beach, we were ready to go home (believe it or not -- mainly because we didn't get to go to Aruba and were saddend by that). After hanging out at this beach, we were ready to just stay in Tortola.

• 4 weeks later...

We were in Tortola in May and went to Cane Garden Bay and loved it! It was not crowed at all ...Had food, bar, restrooms and the water was absolutely beautiful. No waves and smooth sand bottom...

We are returning on the Dawn in March and will certainly go back here again!

Archived