When to book, on board in Jan, or WOW sale now?

manmtnmike

Looking to book Jan- Feb 2017, Southern caribbean...

We are sailing on Celeb. Sil. in Jan 29. 2016.

Which we got great deal on our Reflection cruise last Jan...WITH SELECT STATUS.

So, good sale on home web site now, but would it be better to wait til we have an "on-board" booking??

Also, possible RCCL booking for that time as well....:)

Thanks!

Mike

Mike

So did you book?

If we knew the answer to this question, we would all be rich, and RCI would probably have gone broke....

But seriously, you might get some additional OBC if you book on board, and (I presume) some measure of price protection for the inevitable "sales" that will follow after you have booked.

Some great advice I heard once - book at a price you are happy with. And if you can beat it later - then that is a bonus.

So did you book?

If we knew the answer to this question, we would all be rich, and RCI would probably have gone broke....

But seriously, you might get some additional OBC if you book on board, and (I presume) some measure of price protection for the inevitable "sales" that will follow after you have booked.

Some great advice I heard once - book at a price you are happy with. And if you can beat it later - then that is a bonus.

Celebrity pricing is a mystery to me. We try to book on board, but the current sale looks hard to beat.

Ohiodoglover

Which we got great deal on our Reflection cruise last Jan...WITH SELECT STATUS.

So, good sale on home web site now, but would it be better to wait til we have an "on-board" booking??

Also, possible RCCL booking for that time as well....:)

Thanks!

Mike

We are on Silhouette Jan 22 right before your cruise which I think you meant Jan 29, 2017? . My advice-Book now if you like the prices. Prices can go up in a heartbeat. Once you get on board go to Future Cruises. You can see what deal is offered and they will rebook your reservation (same number and cabin category) if the deal is better. Changes like this just need to be done before final payment date. If you are talking Jan-Feb 2017 you are already close to final payment dates (90 days out). Rebooking is a common request for them. You might get the same price but get more OBC. The extra OBC can be applied to your current cruise or used on the cruise you rebooked. Worst case scenario you just keep what you booked. They will book RCCL cruises on Celebrity and vice versa but you will need to check if you get anything for doing that.

So did you book?

Great Advice!! Haven't booked yet...

We are on Silhouette Jan 22 right before your cruise which I think you meant Jan 29, 2017? .

Yeah...:o Jan 29, 2017

My advice-Book now if you like the prices. Prices can go up in a heartbeat. Once you get on board go to Future Cruises. You can see what deal is offered and they will rebook your reservation (same number and cabin category) if the deal is better. Changes like this just need to be done before final payment date. If you are talking Jan-Feb 2017 you are already close to final payment dates (90 days out). Rebooking is a common request for them. You might get the same price but get more OBC. The extra OBC can be applied to your current cruise or used on the cruise you rebooked. Worst case scenario you just keep what you booked. They will book RCCL cruises on Celebrity and vice versa but you will need to check if you get anything for doing that.

We like our 2017 pricing, but I find booking, in advance, over a year gives more flexiblity to find best available pricing.

Mike