Airfare Woes

jsy

I'm looking for Feb. 12 (anytime) and returning Feb. 21 (at noon or later to be sure we can make the flight). I knew we should have booked our airfare in Oct. I'll try your suggestions. I just can't understand why Continental is soooooo much higher. Thanks for your reply and wish me luck. LOL!!!

The best I can see are AA flights. Some fly into FLL and out of PBI. They are all out of Cleveland. They range from $248.00pp to $259.00. There is only one flight which leaves earlier than 3:00PM on disembarkation day. All flights going down leave about 7:00AM, unless you want to get to Florida about 10:00PM. Do you cruise the day you fly? IF not, we may have a few more options.

IF it was me, I would pick this flight. There are layovers coming and going in Chicago. There are NO return flights at discount prices from FLL. You will have to fly out of either Miami or Palm Beach on the return. There are only 6 seats left in this fare booking class on the Chicago to FLL outbound segment. If you need more help, you may email-greatam@earthlink.net Good luck!!!

248.30 avg cost/person in US Dollars

This ticket is non-refundable.

Changes to this ticket will incur a penalty fee.

There is a change of airports at the destination.

Cleveland, OH to Fort Lauderdale, FL: 1497 miles 8 hrs 0 min

American Airlines American Airlines Flight AA4382 on an Embraer ERJ-140 (jet) in coach class

(operated by American Eagle)

(food for purchase)

Departs Cleveland, OH (CLE) Sun, Feb 12 7:30a 1 hr 35 min

Arrives Chicago, IL (ORD) 8:05a

Layover in Chicago 3 hrs 23 min

American Airlines American Airlines Flight AA730 on a MD-80 (jet) in coach class

(food for purchase)

Departs Chicago, IL (ORD) Sun, Feb 12 11:28a 3 hrs 2 min

Arrives Fort Lauderdale, FL (FLL) 3:30p

West Palm Beach, FL to Cleveland, OH: 1459 miles 7 hrs 43 min

American Airlines American Airlines Flight AA2437 on a MD-80 (jet) in coach class

Departs West Palm Beach, FL (PBI) Tue, Feb 21 3:14p 3 hrs 16 min

Arrives Chicago, IL (ORD) 5:30p

Layover in Chicago 3 hrs 14 min

American Airlines American Airlines Flight AA4341 on a Canadair RJ 700 (jet) in coach class

(operated by American Eagle)

(food for purchase)

Departs Chicago, IL (ORD) Tue, Feb 21 8:44p 1 hr 13 min

Arrives Cleveland, OH (CLE) 10:57p

I

Southwest still has some cheap seats for those dates, but I doubt they will last long. Total came out at $229, taxes in. But AirTran, just to show how the cheap guys aren't always cheaper, has no cheap seats left on the return, and came out at just over $400.

Hi Everyone,

This evening, I noticed Delta had lowered, $20, the flight I had been checking from this morning.

I've never flown Delta, but they are a partner with Continental (which is very, very high now) so I'll at least get some miles. We change both ways in Atlanta. I've never experienced changing planes both ways. Kind of nervous about that. Then I read about CruisinKelly and the lost luggage. I know my new luggage will probably be rags by the time I get home.

So flying from Cleveland to Ft. Lauderdale for $254 including a $5 fee from Travelocity which I have never used either. I also have our seats assigned.

Now I had to reframe from checking and re-checking to see if I could have done better. I'm terrible about that.

Just wanted to update everyone. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Hope it doesn't go down to $200 later. Oh No!!!

974930855_2EditedWaitingforshiptocomein.jpg.45c723326f678dfda602ae633f991477.jpg

Hi Everyone,

This evening, I noticed Delta had lowered, $20, the flight I had been checking from this morning.

I've never flown Delta, but they are a partner with Continental (which is very, very high now) so I'll at least get some miles. We change both ways in Atlanta. I've never experienced changing planes both ways. Kind of nervous about that. Then I read about CruisinKelly and the lost luggage. I know my new luggage will probably be rags by the time I get home.

So flying from Cleveland to Ft. Lauderdale for $254 including a $5 fee from Travelocity which I have never used either. I also have our seats assigned.

Now I had to reframe from checking and re-checking to see if I could have done better. I'm terrible about that.

Just wanted to update everyone. Thanks for all your suggestions.

Hope it doesn't go down to $200 later. Oh No!!!

JSY,

I am glad you got something booked. Don't worry about the luggage. I just flew 8 different airlines in 3 weeks, including some very small carriers connecting to international flights (Bangkok and Siem Reap Airways) and had NO damage or lost luggage. It is not a frequent occurence EXCEPT on US Airways in Philadelphia. And yes, there may be a cheaper price. But those cheaper prices usually don't last long, have very few seats and you have to hit them just right. They generally come via email and last less than 24 hours. Please be happy with your decision. It was the RIGHT thing to do.

I am really curious though. You really wanted to fly CO for the miles. CO Onepass (Nonepass) has the reputation as one of the WORST FF programs. No availbility, upgrades only good with higher fare class tickets, etc. Why CO?

JSY,

I am glad you got something booked. Don't worry about the luggage. I just flew 8 different airlines in 3 weeks, including some very small carriers connecting to international flights (Bangkok and Siem Reap Airways) and had NO damage or lost luggage. It is not a frequent occurence EXCEPT on US Airways in Philadelphia. And yes, there may be a cheaper price. But those cheaper prices usually don't last long, have very few seats and you have to hit them just right. They generally come via email and last less than 24 hours. Please be happy with your decision. It was the RIGHT thing to do.

I am really curious though. You really wanted to fly CO for the miles. CO Onepass (Nonepass) has the reputation as one of the WORST FF programs. No availbility, upgrades only good with higher fare class tickets, etc. Why CO?

I woke up this morning hoping I did the right thing buying the tickets. The only thing I goofed up was I could have booked direct with Delta and saved a whopping $5 a ticket for Travelocity's fee. But it's funny, they didn't have the exact return flight. Was only 25 minutes later than what I booked. I found it on Travelocity but not on Delta's site. Thanks saying I made the RIGHT decision. I would have rather had direct flights and not so many taking offs and landings. The last time we flew to Fla. we were on a very small airplane (American). But this time, from Atlanta to Fla we're on a large one (with two aisles).

As for Continental Onepass, I just started flying in 1990 (I'm 57) and have always flown with them. I do have United FF, went to Hawaii for 25th anniversary 12 yrs ago) and have never flown with them again. I've never tried to use a free ticket but have heard it's hard to get certain flights. Usually I have to stick with specific dates. Thanks for that information too!

Southwest still has some cheap seats for those dates, but I doubt they will last long. Total came out at $229, taxes in. But AirTran, just to show how the cheap guys aren't always cheaper, has no cheap seats left on the return, and came out at just over $400.

I almost booked that flight at $229. But thought I would wait and go with an airline that has assigned seats. Why? I don't really know.

I kept checking AirTran also for this and other trips and no bargain for me either. Everything is a gamble is the airfare game.

Archived