Laundry

lovestocruise19

Are the washing machines open on Embarkation/Debarkation day? I have a B2B cruise on the Sunshine in January and am thinking of doing a small load of laundry on the turnaround day, banking on the fact that nobody else will be doing laundry! I've never done laundry on a cruise, but the Sunshine takes S&S card for payment and it would be nice to not have as much laundry to do when I get home, so I'm considering it.

Not 100% sure, but I think I've read that they're closed while in port. The rooms may be open (for ironing) but not for washing. You could start right after the ship leaves port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

YMMV

Due to local environmental requirements, the washing machines in the guest launderette will be closed in port, per each port specific requirements; the dryers and irons will be available for guest use.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1134/~/laundry-service

Edited by BuckeyeCruiseGuy

Yes they are open in the US ports. Best thing to do is put a load in before you go to customs before the start of B2B. When you done with that, clothes are ready for dryer. We had two loads done and on the lido before anyone even got on board.

On our turn around day we went to put in laundry. We got 3 machines loaded and went to pay and it would not take the money or start. Went to guest services and were told that when switching computers over to the next cruise, there is a period of time that we could not access the machines. So we waited about an hour and then they worked again.