Carnival Glory - celebrating events

beshears

We are a group of 8, on a "tight" budget.

Do you know if the Glory does anything for people celebrating (2 couples celebrating 20th anniversary, and 1 person celebrating a birthday) special occasions, without having to PAY for a birthday or anniversary cake, etc.? If so, how would I go about notifying them of these events we wanted to celebrate on the ship, or at the MDR dinner table?

You can add special events online under the " my guests" section. They will bring you a slice of dessert with a candle in it at the MDR.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yeah, pretty much this.

If you want something more than a cupcake-sized dessert, you'll have to open up your pursestrings and pay for it. They aren't going to bring you a free special-order full-sized dessert just because you're having a special occasion.

Yeah, pretty much this.

If you want something more than a cupcake-sized dessert, you'll have to open up your pursestrings and pay for it. They aren't going to bring you a free special-order full-sized dessert just because you're having a special occasion.

Remember you can still order as many regular desserts as you want for no charge. We thought about ordering an anniversary cake for our upcoming trip next week, but with so much food on board we will never have the appetite to eat it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hello, after telling you all that I was having problems, I decided to LOOK through several of CC pages, just to find my question. I finally found your postings. YEH!

Yes, I figured Carnival would not do anything like this, but thought I would ask.

I don't know if you know this or not, but do you have to make "final payment" on the cruise, before you can look up your booking under Carnival's website?

I have already put a down payment down for 8 of us, etc., and have our booking number, and room #'s assigned to us.

Do you know if the Glory does anything for people celebrating (2 couples celebrating 20th anniversary, and 1 person celebrating a birthday) special occasions, without having to PAY for a birthday or anniversary cake, etc.? If so, how would I go about notifying them of these events we wanted to celebrate on the ship, or at the MDR dinner table?

There are a lot of free desserts, including cake slices. Just bring a cake candle for the "symbolic" blowing of the cake after singing:)

Congratulations on your anniversary!

I notified CCL when we booked that we were celebrating our anniversary on our recent cruise to Canada on the Sunshine. The first night in the MDR they brought us a small (5") heart shaped chocolate mini cake (one layer) that said Happy Anniversary and they sang to us. The next day, we found a "gift" in our cabin of a free dinner at JiJi's or Cucina ($30 upcharge for a couple). The day after that we had $50 off $100 spent in spa and free 5x7 snap shot (these are the ones they take at the dinner table, around the ship and as you debark - they do not cover the photos with the backdrops but it was a $13 value that could be applied to a more expensive photo).

I wouldn't count on getting anything, including the MDR cake, because ships could vary. Also, it would be impossible to get the JiJi's/Cucina one because your ship doesn't have it and I am confident they are not giving away $35 pp steakhouse. But perhaps the coupons? Who knows - seems to be a new program they are rolling out.