LIVE from ANTHEM of the Seas - October 20, 2016

Here's how easy it is to change your dinner reservations. I booked all of our reservations a few months ago. I knew I would end up changing a bunch of them on board once I saw the Cruise Compass for the next day. So basically I looked at it like they were place holders.

We're late eaters and there is usually trivia at 8:30pm so I made most of our reservations for 9:15pm.

We had Chic reserved for 9:15 but there is no late trivia tonight so I wanted to see if we could get in earlier at Chic. But first I wanted to see if Jamie's or Chops were available tonight at any time.

First I cancelled our existing reservation:

597f292b178e230ffc0288d48fb7a05b.jpg

1ef495b744bb5c8192cf46951d2804f5.jpg

8b10c63d48f3406e26d9cc7a49678ce4.jpg

Edited by Yorkvillain

Is the Solarium Bistro a windjammer without kids?

That's the problem with Oasis. Small humans are allowed in the Bistro and kind of negates the tranquility of the Solarium.

Same for smaller ships with park Cafe in the Solarium

Is the Solarium Bistro a windjammer without kids?

I'd call it more of a Mini Windjammer -- what you see in that photo is all there is in terms of offerings/counters. It was much less crowded than the WJ, but they didn't have watermelon at brunch and they had only a few things to choose from.

I didn't see any kids but I don't know that they are "not allowed".

(watermelon is my cruise must -- any watermelon that is readily available and that I don't have to cut myself is for ME !!)

It was very quiet there and not crowded; we'll try it again next time.

Sandy

I'd call it more of a Mini Windjammer -- what you see in that photo is all there is in terms of offerings/counters. It was much less crowded than the WJ, but they didn't have watermelon at brunch and they had only a few things to choose from.

(watermelon is my cruise must -- any watermelon that is readily available and that I don't have to cut myself is for ME !!)

Wow. I had watermelon every day in there.

Wow. I had watermelon every day in there.

Well, to be clear -- they had a melon mix there in July. I'm allergic to honeydew and cantaloupe, enough that it makes my throat close, so I figured it was best if I didn't try to pick out the watermelon there.

No need to go into a full fledged allergy attack in the middle of the ocean.

That's the problem with Oasis. Small humans are allowed in the Bistro and kind of negates the tranquility of the Solarium.

Same for smaller ships with park Cafe in the Solarium

As someone who just had a "small human" on board, it is the responsibility of the parents to ensure that the "small human" behaves appropriately. My LO did just fine the entire cruise, thank you.

So I went ahead and booked Chic for 8pm and it showed up immediately on our daily planner. Simple. The whole process only took a few minutes.

It will quite interesting to see how the cruise line industry handles different generations regarding technology. You just showed how simple it was to change a reservation. (I did not change any of my reservations, but did use the RoyalIQ app to check my calendar and text/call my travelling party). I would have to hypothesize that those who do not prefer DD were also not as comfortable making changes as you did.

Many do, just as many don't.

Agreed. And when mine does act up, there is a quick trip outside so that 1. others aren't disturbed, and 2. discussion ensues concerning proper behavior.

Unfortunately, not everyone takes others' vacation into consideration...

Overall, I observed very few issues if any in this regard on the cruise I just finished. Everyone seemed well behaved, including the adults :P

Trivia Loot (minus a few hats and water bottles that we gave away)

b6cd3e6d3b00c2b5011e14b4a615738f.jpg

DAMN !!! I don't want to play against you !! I have those North Star bags but I'd love a hat !!

I don't supposed you'd be interested in selling 1 or 2 ?? DH might like one since it's so simple.

We're usually good to win Elvis trivia (he doesn't need a team - he does it all on his own) and we've done ok other random times but nothing like you !! You are a trivia legend !!

(We're on Anthem in March -- wanna come and play trivia with us ??)

Sandy