What time does Equinox disembark?

lauraapp

Trying to take an 8:45am with self disembark...it is a Friday.

8:45 flight ? Which port and scheduled arrival time?

If disembarking in Miami or Fort Lauderdale don't try for flights before 11AM.

To make that early a flight you'll have to at the airport no later than 6:45AM.

More information is required to provide you with intelligent speculation...

At what time is Equinox scheduled to arrive? At which port are you disembarking? And are you arriving from the Caribbean or following a Transatlantic [in the latter case, it always takes longer for the ship to be cleared by local authorities]...

And then, it's not clear if you are hoping to do the walk off [with luggage; no crew assistance] at 8:45 AM or if you are trying to make an 8:45 AM flight [which would be extremely aggressive and surely inadvisable--even at a port such as Fort Lauderdale which is adjacent to the airport--under most scenarios I've seen]...

You haven't given the members here anything to go on...

Edited by Xport

30 minutes before departure is not advisable. Southwest suggests being there 60 minutes before. They also have this on their website: "All bags must be checked 45 minutes prior to scheduled departure." So I would only book that flight if you aren't going to check luggage.

I wouldn't want to spend my whole cruise worrying about if the ship was going to dock on time and that Customs & Immigration was going to be well-staffed and open on time or a myriad of other things that could go wrong the morning-of. I've done 11am flights comfortably. But 8:45am departure is very aggressive.

Edited by bEwAbG

The earliest recommended FLL flight departure is 11:30am.

thanks for reply (and also for reply to theft recovery on another thread!). It is nice to have you interact with us.

now to totally ignore what you said (sorry!!)...if traveling with carry on bags and already checked in...and if have tsa precheck, you, IMHO, would be VERY CLOSE!!

If you said flight was at 9 or 9:15 I would say go for it...8:45 very iffy!

We did 9:30 flight from FLL in past with no problems.

But for what it is worth, I am usually the one that does the early flight after cruise, and have never had a problem. We did 8:45 flight from San Juan and again a 9:30 flight from there and had no problems. Those times would make most CC'ers cringe!

YMMV!

Good luck and have a great cruise!

From FLL on Southwest...only need to be there 30 min before.

We made a 9:25 by the skin of our chinnie chin chins last Nov, and that was with TSA Pre screen, and getting into the cab at 7:15 ish

I frequently fly out of Fort Lauderdale on morning flights and have had times that I breezed through and times where I was there 75 minutes early and stood in line so long that I had to ask someone to expedite us to be able to make my flight. On a July morning with no cruise ships in, it took over an hour just to check in bags.

Your mileage may vary.