Adventures last cruise before dry dock

masim17

Over a year ago I booked a cruise with mt son, DIL, and 4 year old granddaughter. As we have cruised many times, I let my son pick the cruise, as it would be their 2nd. They chose Adventure, 10/8. I was very skeptical as I knew this was an older ship, and scheduled for dry dock. So I began reading the CC boards.

I immediately became nervous, as many of the posts were very negative, but I started looking forward to the ports, and the time spent with the kids. This was one of the best cruises out of the 25 we have taken! I did not find any fault with the ship. Yes, it needs some remodeling and some upgrades, but nothing that would dampen your cruise vacation. I did hear that they are going to remodel the kids pool area, and I hope they don't change it too much. The self contained area at the back of the ship was fabulous! It was so much easier to keep track of the kids than on other ships, like the Anthem or Liberty. Also, the area was shaded. If I was without small children, I would have spent time there anyway because it was quiet, shaded and not crowed at all. I will admit there were not that many children on board.

Food: My husband and I are not adventurous eaters, my son (a chef and cheesemaker) and DIL, are both foodies and will eat anything. While some dishes were better than others, we had no issues with the food, either in the MDR or the windjammer. We also ate once in Giovanni's, which was excellent. Our breakfasts were all at the buffet, and while they were all the same, it was breakfast. When pretty much everything is offered, how do you change it. Our service in the MDR was excellent. There were no signs that the staff was on their last cruise for a while and did not care. Our waiters were very attentive, pleasant and engaging.

Ports: We went to Aruba, Bonaire, Curaco, Antigua, and St. Martin. All of the ports were fabulous, and the weather was perfect--maybe a little hot, but it is the Caribbean! Aruba and Curaco we did on our own, and the other 3 island we took private tours. They were spectactular and I would recommend any of them if anyone asks.

All in all it was a fantastic cruise due to the ship, the ports, the weather, and the company we kept. I am so glad I didn't change this because of negative posts. Looking forward to sailing her again.

Marylou

Over a year ago I booked a cruise with mt son, DIL, and 4 year old granddaughter. As we have cruised many times, I let my son pick the cruise, as it would be their 2nd. They chose Adventure, 10/8. I was very skeptical as I knew this was an older ship, and scheduled for dry dock. So I began reading the CC boards.

I immediately became nervous, as many of the posts were very negative, but I started looking forward to the ports, and the time spent with the kids. This was one of the best cruises out of the 25 we have taken! I did not find any fault with the ship. Yes, it needs some remodeling and some upgrades, but nothing that would dampen your cruise vacation. I did hear that they are going to remodel the kids pool area, and I hope they don't change it too much. The self contained area at the back of the ship was fabulous! It was so much easier to keep track of the kids than on other ships, like the Anthem or Liberty. Also, the area was shaded. If I was without small children, I would have spent time there anyway because it was quiet, shaded and not crowed at all. I will admit there were not that many children on board.

Food: My husband and I are not adventurous eaters, my son (a chef and cheesemaker) and DIL, are both foodies and will eat anything. While some dishes were better than others, we had no issues with the food, either in the MDR or the windjammer. We also ate once in Giovanni's, which was excellent. Our breakfasts were all at the buffet, and while they were all the same, it was breakfast. When pretty much everything is offered, how do you change it. Our service in the MDR was excellent. There were no signs that the staff was on their last cruise for a while and did not care. Our waiters were very attentive, pleasant and engaging.

Ports: We went to Aruba, Bonaire, Curaco, Antigua, and St. Martin. All of the ports were fabulous, and the weather was perfect--maybe a little hot, but it is the Caribbean! Aruba and Curaco we did on our own, and the other 3 island we took private tours. They were spectactular and I would recommend any of them if anyone asks.

All in all it was a fantastic cruise due to the ship, the ports, the weather, and the company we kept. I am so glad I didn't change this because of negative posts. Looking forward to sailing her again.

Marylou

We were on this same cruise with you and agree - the whole cruise was fabulous.