Tampa - Downtown Hyatt

Timmys_mom

We stayed here pre-cruise on 10/22. Here are my thoughts.

We booked through Priceline for $90 + fees/tax.

There is no hotel shuttle service. From the airport it was $40 for the four of us, plus tip. We used the "preferred shuttle service" for the Hyatt.

The rooms were nice - beds were hard. The lobby bar was nice, but rather on the expensive side. Lobby restaurant had a good breakfast buffet in the morning.

We were quoted three different prices for a trip to the pier. We ended up paying $3.00/pp (the other prices were $4 and $5). The guy that drove us to Ybor City told us $5 for the trip to Ybor, but then came down to $4 when we gave him a hard time about the price.

My recommendation is the Marriott - only a few blocks away. They were a little cheaper and had free shuttle service wherever you wanted to go.

"We booked through Priceline for $90 + fees/tax.

There is no hotel shuttle service. From the airport it was $40 for the four of us, plus tip. We used the "preferred shuttle service" for the Hyatt."

A regular taxi would have been cheaper I believe, don't know the price for 4 people but 2 people is $20 or less.

"We were quoted three different prices for a trip to the pier. We ended up paying $3.00/pp (the other prices were $4 and $5). The guy that drove us to Ybor City told us $5 for the trip to Ybor, but then came down to $4 when we gave him a hard time about the price."

Once again I believe a regular taxi would have been a little cheaper. Or you could have walked a few blocks to the trolley and caught the trolley to ybor for a $1.50pp?

"My recommendation is the Marriott - only a few blocks away. They were a little cheaper and had free shuttle service wherever you wanted to go."

I belive you are referring to the downtown Marriott Courtyard which is certainly a viable option, although I feel the quality of the rooms at the Hyatt

are certainly better. If you are referring to the Marriott Waterside I sincerely doubt that you would ever find that cheaper than the price you paid and unless it has recently changed does not offer shuttle. This isn't meant to critic your observations, just to let future guests know their options.

A regular taxi would have been cheaper I believe, don't know the price for 4 people but 2 people is $20 or less.

As I stated, 2 couples/$40 = $20 per couple. This is the exact price my SIL/BIL paid for a taxi from the airport.

Once again I believe a regular taxi would have been a little cheaper. Or you could have walked a few blocks to the trolley and caught the trolley to ybor for a $1.50pp?

Not being from Tampa, not knowing exactly where we were going, and since it was dark, we preferred the security of the shuttle service. Since one couple had already made the walk from the Marriott to the Hyatt earlier in the day, we felt okay about making that trek.

I belive you are referring to the downtown Marriott Courtyard which is certainly a viable option, although I feel the quality of the rooms at the Hyatt are certainly better. If you are referring to the Marriott Waterside I sincerely doubt that you would ever find that cheaper than the price you paid and unless it has recently changed does not offer shuttle. This isn't meant to critic your observations, just to let future guests know their options.

Obviously, I was not referring to the Waterside. We were just looking for a place to crash for the night before our cruise. If that is your goal, the Marriott Courtyard would be equally acceptable.

Archived