Carnival Hub App Insight

magictam

I've downloaded the app but the only thing I can get it to do is a countdown (124 days :)). I was hoping to study the ship. Obviously I don't understand the ins and outs of the app. Would y'all mind sharing your experience with it, is there cost realated to using it (free? 1 time fee? or have to buy internet package?), how useful was it. Is the texting only within the app to others on the ship or just to people in your stateroom (we're a family w/2 staterooms). Can you text to family at home?

THANKS!

Can you use it on an iPad? We only have one 'smart' phone [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've only used it on iPhone, but according to the developer it will work with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. It requires iOS 9.0 or later.

The $5 text app on the Sunshine did not work reliably. So much so that texts would come thru 6 hrs later while we were in bed. I called Carnival when we got back and got refunded. I will try it again with my kids in December on the Magic,

Neither. You do not use the internet package for the texting through the Hub App.

Is texting passengers free then? that was really my question. I don't need the hubb app unless texting is free. thx

Can you use it on an iPad? We only have one 'smart' phone [emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be able to use it in an ipad yes. Our daughter only has an ipod touch and it worked fine for her. We enjoyed using the messaging feature so we could keep in touch with our family. Our son was able to add the friends that he met while on board to the messaging as well so if you are going with a group that isn't linked you can still add them. The cost for messaging is currently $5 per device for the length of the cruise. Keep in mind that the ship's WiFi is better in some areas of the ship than others. A few times messages would fail to reach their intended recipient but most of the time it worked just fine.

I loved using the App. I was able to see my families sail and sign account for all users since I was the responsible party. Everyone else is only able to see their individual account.

I liked having the Fun Times schedule on my phone. You can go through the schedule each day and mark your favorite activities and you will receive a reminder for it before it starts.

There is still a lot that could be added to the functionality, however, it is nice to have.Just make sure that you put your phones in airplane mode and turn your WiFi on otherwise when you leave port you will connect automatically to Cellular at Sea and depending on who your carrier is the charges can be very costly.

oh boy I'm confused..ok so son and I have Samsung phones I do have the app on my phone...but can my kids take their ipods and use those? That would be awesome! Would they still be able to do FB on the ipods? Sorry for the questions..I'm totally not tech savvy...;)

oh boy I'm confused..ok so son and I have Samsung phones I do have the app on my phone...but can my kids take their ipods and use those? That would be awesome! Would they still be able to do FB on the ipods? Sorry for the questions..I'm totally not tech savvy...;)

FB will require internet. They will be able to chat with each other but depending on age may not be able to chat with anyone not in their cabin unless parents set up groups. We did this last summer so we could keep track of my granddaughter.

Yes they can use their ipod and use the app including the messaging feature. The messaging feature will cost $5 per device for the length of the cruise. So your phone plus your son's ipod would be $10 to use the messaging feature for the length of the cruise. (flat rate)

In order to use facebook you would need to purchase one of the WiFi data packages. The social media package is $5 per day or it is discounted if you purchase for the entire cruise.

I hope this helps

Here is from the Glory this past week on the internet packages in case anyone is wondering how it works. Hub App is totally separate:

Thank you for the internet info.

Thanks to everyone for all the great information!

Edited by magictam