New Luggage

dvcmember

We have a hard sided Samsonite cosmetic case whose hinge broke so have to replace it. Probably 25 years old. Can not find anything like this which has two small inside pockets on each end for small things and a pocket across the inside back where we put our combs. I checked online and everything is small and won't hold much. Wondering what other travelers are using.

I have found that no matter how good the quality of the luggage and the care taken to protect it, after a trip requiring multiple flight changes and transfers, the bags are demolished. Now I buy large, inexpensive (read CHEAP!), light weight, rolling duffels and plan to toss them upon my return home. In case of early, first leg of trip disaster, I do carry an adequate supply of strapping tape to hold everything together until I get home.

I have two very lightweight smallish duffles with wheels. I pack them one inside the other. If need be I can separate them should I make "purchases" along the way. Or, sometimes I start out with them separated if I am taking gifts to folks then put the extra inside the other when I am homeward bound.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums