Changing credit card for onboard account and boarding passes

imakemistaeks

Be sure, though, to have them confirm at check in that they have the correct card in the system.

Two of us on Vista had issues. At check-in, I tried to hand my card to the woman behind the desk and she said "we have everything we need." Silly me didn't bother to look at the card number at the bottom of the print-outs I got from the kiosks during the cruise.

Sure enough, when I got home, Carnival had charged the original card.

Cabinmate couldn't charge anything after we boarded since she was originally set up on another cabinmate's account. She had to go back to the cabin, get her card, go back to the service desk, and have them change the account.

When I wrote to Carnival after discovering the error, they apologized, but there was nothing to be done at that point. I should've earned bonus points on the other card.

I cannot fathom why, after changing the info online, it would NOT be in their system! It's not like I did it 2 hours before boarding. :mad:

Anyway, insist that they confirm that they have the correct card when you check in. Don't accept "we have your info" to mean they have the correct info!