Luggage Forward Help

BeardieMom55

I am hoping someone who has used Luggage Forward can help with my question. We will be will be taking a cruise leaving from Rotterdam on July 15. We are traveling on our own for a little over two weeks throughout the UK before boarding the ship in Rotterdam and do not want to lug our formal clothes with us. I see that HAL uses Luggage Forward and I have checked out their website. We will be leaving our home on June 28 and would like to have the bag picked up before we leave. When I put in a similar situation with dummy dates (it is too early to use the actual dates) it looks like the earliest I can have the bag picked up is 8 days before delivery date. I have tried to ask the question on their chat line and have not received an answer yet. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the bag picked up earlier than 8 days before delivery to the ship? Has anyone done this? Thanks

I am hoping someone who has used Luggage Forward can help with my question. We will be will be taking a cruise leaving from Rotterdam on July 15. We are traveling on our own for a little over two weeks throughout the UK before boarding the ship in Rotterdam and do not want to lug our formal clothes with us. I see that HAL uses Luggage Forward and I have checked out their website. We will be leaving our home on June 28 and would like to have the bag picked up before we leave. When I put in a similar situation with dummy dates (it is too early to use the actual dates) it looks like the earliest I can have the bag picked up is 8 days before delivery date. I have tried to ask the question on their chat line and have not received an answer yet. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the bag picked up earlier than 8 days before delivery to the ship? Has anyone done this? Thanks

We have faced this exact situation in the past. The way we handled it was to go to a local shop that had Fed Ex pickup and ask them, to hold the luggage until “Luggage Forwarding” was to pick it up. Then we contacted “Luggage Forwarding” to have them pick up the luggage at the shop rather than our home. It worked like a charm. No problem.

Scott & Karen

While I have not actually done this, I have inquired about the possibility for my next trip. David from Luggage Forward assured me that it was doable. I suggest you call and speak to a representative. Incidentally, a rep can override the dates on the website and make pickup arrangements for the somewhat distant future. I did this on my last trip in order to take advantage of a promotional discount; I booked the pick up and delivery the same day I made my flight reservations, so it would have been about eight months in advance.

Thanks so much for the quick replies. I will call a rep at Luggage Forward and if that doesn't work I will go the UPS route. We are planning on driving around England and Scotland and did not want to lug the "fancy clothes" everywhere. This will help a lot. Thanks again

PS I knew someone would have the answer. Lots of great info on CC