Cruise Price Drop ATTN CANADIANS!

Hestia

This may apply across the board but I know it applied to my Canadian account with Celebrity.

I just called into Celebrity with a question about my account and ended up dropping $230 off the cabin price for my upcoming cruise (final payment not due until December).

I'm presuming this is a combination of 1/2 off promotion plus the exchange rate improvement between the US and Canadian dollar.

So, if you haven't made your final payment yet, give Celebrity a call. You might just save some money! Alternatively, you might find an upgrade available for next to no cost. That wasn't an option open to me as it seems my ship is pretty full.

:cool:

ETA: Forgot to mention, I kept ALL of my perks from when I booked previously. Pretty happy to have no gratuities, full drink package and 1/2 off second passenger...

Edited by Hestia
forgot something

Which ship are you sailing? What dates? We are on the Summit Feb 2017 and our rates have gone up.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That surprises me given the dollar improvement!

I am on the Reflection Mar 11 out of Miami. I have two rooms I booked in June. Both went down so it was nearly $460 less than just yesterday on my account. I did have to ask them to check it

I just called into Celebrity with a question about my account and ended up dropping $230 off the cabin price for my upcoming cruise (final payment not due until December).

Forgot to mention, I kept ALL of my perks from when I booked previously. Pretty happy to have no gratuities, full drink package and 1/2 off second passenger...

Isn't this IMPOSSIBLE???? Everyone always says cruise prices only go up!?! :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Congrats on the savings... Enjoy! ;)

I am on the Reflection Mar 11 out of Miami. I have two rooms I booked in June. Both went down so it was nearly $460 less than just yesterday on my account. I did have to ask them to check it

Final payment is not due until early December for us so I will continue to look to see if we can benefit as well. Thanks for the heads up.

Guest debbiejohncruise

We always book with a Travel Agent and we haven't noticed a decrease in prices on our cruises in Jan. Even when I went on the Celebrity website with their 1/2 off promotion and I pretend to make a booking it cost a lot more if I booked it now.

This may apply across the board but I know it applied to my Canadian account with Celebrity.

I'm presuming this is a combination of 1/2 off promotion plus the exchange rate improvement between the US and Canadian dollar.

So, if you haven't made your final payment yet, give Celebrity a call. You might just save some money! Alternatively, you might find an upgrade available for next to no cost. That wasn't an option open to me as it seems my ship is pretty full.

ETA: Forgot to mention, I kept ALL of my perks from when I booked previously. Pretty happy to have no gratuities, full drink package and 1/2 off second passenger...

We always book with a Travel Agent and we haven't noticed a decrease in prices on our cruises in Jan. Even when I went on the Celebrity website with their 1/2 off promotion and I pretend to make a booking it cost a lot more if I booked it now.

You have to book a cruise that is not as popular if you want price drops. January if full of people who want to escape winter to the Caribbean. :D

Isn't this IMPOSSIBLE???? Everyone always says cruise prices only go up!?! :eek: :D :rolleyes:

Many people say that desirable cruises only go up in price.

Many people see price drops on cruises that were overpriced when released and in oversupply.

It is impossible for everyone to agree on anything. :D

Lesson learned this year.... patience in booking cruises pays big dividends.

You have to book a cruise that is not as popular if you want price drops. January if full of people who want to escape winter to the Caribbean. :D

January is usually a cheap time to book a vacation south

People usually a week off for Christmas , and have no money

February is when people start to travel again

Been watch this trend since the mid 90's

January is usually a cheap time to book a vacation south

People usually a week off for Christmas , and have no money

February is when people start to travel again

Been watch this trend since the mid 90's

Guess you haven't looked at the over 10 night cruises to the Caribbean this coming January. Those prices are not cheap. My veranda cabin on January 22 is about $1,300 more than I booked the end of September last year.

Those people who have no money are not Celebrity's customer any more.

Edited by ChucktownSteve

Was your question about prices? Or others and they just gave you the price drop deal. Whatever it as, congratulations!

Was your question about prices? Or others and they just gave you the price drop deal. Whatever it as, congratulations!

Most of all the price drops are for now thru end of year except holidays. Also, this sale ends on the 31st of this month. We got shafted since I am paid in full for Dec 3rd. My cat is $530 cheaper right now. We can't do a thing about it now. I am not a happy camper and probably wont sail with them again.

I also got a huge bonus for my March 12th cruise which is March Break for those of us in Ontario. It is usually a very busy week with prices increasing. My cruise was reduced by $325, I kept my $450 onboard credit, instead of classic drink package I got premium, got unlimited internet for 2, and gratuities included.

My March 18th Reflection cruise has not gone down in price (yet...). Often it depends just as much on what sort of deal you got when originally booking as it does on how well the cruise is selling.

To me the real message in this thread is to check the pricing of your booked cruises on a regular basis in order to see if you can save a few dollars.

I like to know what part of Canada you live in for the dollar improvement? We are loosing close to $.38 to the USD.

No price drop for me, our Vietnam and Thailand cruise March 2017 was sold out ages ago and the India & Sri Lanka cruise following that has jumped more than $3499 (last night prices) for an A1 since I booked when the itinerary opened up.

I check an online agency for price although I booked direct with celebrity. If the price is less than when I booked there must have been a price drop. We have had a price drop 3 times and have gone from 1c balcony to C1 concierge and we are paying less and kept our two free perks.