Just off beautiful Regal, New England & Canada

JoRoy218

First off, must say how gorgeous this ship is! We tried to view every little public area and spent time in most. Loved every second. We lucked out with perfect sailaway weather out of NY Harbor, with great music and margaritas.

Since we booked this cruise over a year ago, we did get the Sip n Sail promo and it was worth it's weight in gold! Will try to always plan in advance to take advantage of this.

Have read over the last few months, concerns and questions about the Regal and about Princess in general. Will try to answer those not covered (at least what I've seen recently).

- Gelato IS included in the AIBP! Yummm!

- Lack of midship stairs was a bit inconvenient but one gets used to navigating around the ship.

- One of my biggest disappointments was the Promenade deck. I love doing laps and not only did this deck not encircle the entire Ship, there were areas so narrow you had to walk sideways to let others pass in the opposite direction. There are only a few deck chairs/loungers mostly midship on this deck resulting in a serious lack of areas to relax and enjoy the surroundings. Letdown for sure.

-

You must have missed the aft port and starboard area of the Promenade deck as we found loungers to relax on and read and nap. :) You have a choice of sunny side or shady side. Best of all, there are no joggers disturbing the peace. :D

First off, must say how gorgeous this ship is! We tried to view every little public area and spent time in most. Loved every second. We lucked out with perfect sailaway weather out of NY Harbor, with great music and margaritas.

Since we booked this cruise over a year ago, we did get the Sip n Sail promo and it was worth it's weight in gold! Will try to always plan in advance to take advantage of this.

Have read over the last few months, concerns and questions about the Regal and about Princess in general. Will try to answer those not covered (at least what I've seen recently).

- Gelato IS included in the AIBP! Yummm!

- Lack of midship stairs was a bit inconvenient but one gets used to navigating around the ship.

- One of my biggest disappointments was the Promenade deck. I love doing laps and not only did this deck not encircle the entire Ship, there were areas so narrow you had to walk sideways to let others pass in the opposite direction. There are only a few deck chairs/loungers mostly midship on this deck resulting in a serious lack of areas to relax and enjoy the surroundings. Letdown for sure.

- Want to put my "two cents" in on Princess Live! We attended a handful of events there and enjoyed every one. Cruise Director and staff were just great and full of laughs.

- Production shows were fantastic - Bravo and Fiere. Singers, dancers, music and set all professionally done.

- Horizon buffet was surprisingly good -- selection and quality. However, we enjoy the MDR and were actually disappointed several times with service and quality of food and selection. We're fairly easy to please but did not compare with prior Princess cruises. Seems that there were a lot of "green" crew members aboard. Not sure what was going on.

- Had the usual barrage of promos (coffee cards, wine tasting, etc) first few days of the cruise (mostly while eating) but subsided after that.

Itinerary was good: Newport, Boston, Bar Harbor, Saint John and Halifax. We did have to skip Saint John due to weather/high wind concerns, but another day at sea was just right!

Will continue in a bit on ports and excursions. Feel free to ask questions as needed. Have a great day!

-

Nice review.

Two questions:

DW and I will be first timers on Regal Princess. It sure has a lot of PAX. :eek:

Is the suggested dress code for evening dinner on Formal Nights in the MDR enforced? For men? For women?

Does the evening shows in the Princess Theater fill up quickly? How early before showtime do you suggest arriving at the theater to get good seats? How about PAX who are seat Hogs? What do you do, or say anything to those kind of people? Or prefer not to engage?

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Nice review.

Two questions:

DW and I will be first timers on Regal Princess. It sure has a lot of PAX. :eek:

Is the suggested dress code for evening dinner on Formal Nights in the MDR enforced? For men? For women? No.

Does the evening shows in the Princess Theater fill up quickly? How early before showtime do you suggest arriving at the theater to get good seats? 30-45 min. How about PAX who are seat Hogs? What do you do, or say anything to those kind of people? Or prefer not to engage?

answers above.