Just got off Victory

tampabay25690

Just off Victory and I would agree with poor service but on one night only. Dress up night we had a different wait staff. We sat for 10 mins before we got any service at all. Was slow and poor that night and no, wasn't crowded. Other nights we had prompt friendly service.

Just a few observations on "service"....

I've found myself that service is not as good in the MDR if I don't go there every night. Recently, we have been picking specialty restaurants, and anytime (mytime) flex dining - which means that more often than not, we don't have a consistent MDR staff. I think when THAT happens - the wait staff are not as keen on building a relationship with you (ie - some could take this to mean provide good service), because you weren't there last night, and you might not be here tomorrow night. On cruises where we stuck to the MDR at a set time (having the same wait staff), the service was off the charts better - cracking jokes, remembering your favourite drink, small chat, etc etc.

However, service around the rest of the ship has always been good for us.