Please help - Couryard by Mariott Isla Verde

carmel

Are there any places to eat/get food within walking distance of this hotel? We are staying post cruise and flying out the next day.

Thanks!!!

We've stayed at the Courtyard Isla Verde twice now and love it. Both times it was one night, pre-cruise. I can't answer about places to eat/get food within walking distance of the hotel since we've always eaten there. Of course you may already know they have on-site places to eat, but if not there is a buffet, an oceanfront restaurant (a little on the pricey side, but beautiful setting), and a beach grille. They also have an ice cream parlor just off the lobby.

Hopefully someone else who has stayed there or is familiar with the area can chime in about other places to eat. Hope this helps.

I think I spotted something called Las Canarias that is close by. It is a 24 hr deli/bakery kind of place. It gets good reviews.

I'm very glad to hear you like the hotel. It is our post cruise stay. We've always flown in the night before a cruise and I've always wished the day of debarkation were not so grim and rushed and exhausting. So, I made an executive decision and booked a post night stay by the airport!

It depends on what "walking distance" mean to you. Within 5 minutes of walking you can find a Denny's, The Metropol (excelent Cuban and Puerto Rican food), and Platos (Puerto Rican), a bit further up (about 7-10 minutes) you find Edith Cafe (local, low cost), Lupi's (Mexican bar/grill) and Chilli's. in about 15 minutes of walking you find a small strip mall with a good local rest. called Mi Casita (good mofongo) as well as fast food joints like Burger King, Subway, Church's Chicken and Domino's. On your way you pass the Ritz Carlton and the Intercontinental Hotel, both of whom have their own upscale dinning places like Ruth Chris stakehouse at the Intercontinental. That whole strip of Isla Verde Ave. is filled with places to eat. It all depends how long you wish to walk or explore.

Thank you so much! That is great info. I will have my 5 yr old with me so I'll stick to the close ones. 5-10 minutes. Your list was very helpful.

I saw your other post and attached a link to a review I did that includes a lot of pictures of the Courtyard (inside and out). I copied and pasted link to open on Page 2, where our stay at the Courtyard begins. I think you'll love the beach. We've always gotten an early flight down when staying there. Just a few minutes from the airport and we've been on the beach by 1 - 1:30PM and enjoyed the whole afternoon there.

I saw your other post and attached a link to a review I did that includes a lot of pictures of the Courtyard (inside and out). I copied and pasted link to open on Page 2, where our stay at the Courtyard begins. I think you'll love the beach. We've always gotten an early flight down when staying there. Just a few minutes from the airport and we've been on the beach by 1 - 1:30PM and enjoyed the whole afternoon there.

Thank you so much for the photos. I have a dilemma! The hotel looks so nice I want to stay another night now, LOL.

Thank you so much for the photos. I have a dilemma! The hotel looks so nice I want to stay another night now, LOL.

You are very welcome. We just LOVE the Courtyard. Sorry for putting you into this dilemma. :p We actually had the same issue last year. We'd always wanted at least two full days in San Juan before the cruise and one after, but this time around we weren't able to do it. My hubby started a new job the previous year, so he had to be a little conservative with his vacation days. My excuse to do another cruise out of San Juan OR spend a week there. :D

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Are there any places near courtyard at Isla Verde where I can buy some water & pop to take on cruise?

There appears to be a Walgreens several blocks away (Walgreens Isla Verde), but I don't know if there is anything closer. Attaching a link to the map of the Walgreens in Isla Verde in relation to the Courtyard. It appears farther from that map, but I believe that's only a couple of blocks, right in the same area as the Denny's restaurant. I've walked almost to that "point" on the beach and it didn't take that long, and I'm sure it's easier on concrete. Those are all other resorts between Courtyard and the Walgreens.

https://www.google.com/search?q=walgreens+isla+verde&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=walgreens%20isla%20verde&rflfq=1&rlha=0&rllag=18442601,-66019508,481&tbm=lcl&tbs=lf:1,lf_ui:4,lf_pqs:EAE&fll=18.442739250438326,-66.01323198090518&fspn=0.00892597594020117,0.016093326072933678&fz=17&oll=18.442601849999996,-66.01950835&ospn=0.0002442675662592819,0.010256768226753366&oz=15&qop=1&rlfi=hd:;si:

Edited by pghsteelerfan

Are there any places near courtyard at Isla Verde where I can buy some water & pop to take on cruise?

In addition to the Walgreens there is a largish supermarket type place in the vicinity--forget what it was called--but I saw it on the cab ride back to the airport and kicked myself for not seeing it earlier.

In addition to the Walgreens there is a largish supermarket type place in the vicinity--forget what it was called--but I saw it on the cab ride back to the airport and kicked myself for not seeing it earlier.

That's Pueblo supermarket. It's a bit of a walk from the Courtyard (maybe 10-15 minutes) since the only street with a sidewalk leading there is besides the multi-level parking lot where Chili's is located. But you'll find everything you need there and it's open 24/7. The Walgreens is located much closer but is smallish and with a very limited selection of anything. It's located in the besides Dennis, near the Ritz Carlton.