Your thoughts on NCL Bliss Hull Art

GoProCruiser

I'm trying to decide if I like the hull art or not...thoughts?

https://scottsingercruises.wordpress.com/2016/10/27/norwegian-bliss-hull-art-revealed/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

IMHO you should make up your own mind on whether or not you like the hull art. The thoughts and/or opinions of others here should not determine what you like or don't like.

What??! What "recent incidents"? It is an Alaskan based ship.

Not Alaskan based...Seattle based.

I can't help but notice the "mother" whale balancing the "baby" whale on her nose. I'm no marine biologist, but that doesn't seem like a behavior one is likely to see when observing whales in the wild.

IMHO you should make up your own mind on whether or not you like the hull art. The thoughts and/or opinions of others here should not determine what you like or don't like.

<sigh> The ship is sailing an Alaskan itinerary.

Lol. I make up my own thoughts. I was curious as to what others thought about it. I'm still undecided how I feel about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lol. I make up my own thoughts. I was curious as to what others thought about it. I'm still undecided how I feel about it.

That was exactly how I read your original post. I have no idea how someone misinterpreted that. :rolleyes:

Edited by LrgPizza

That was exactly how I read your original post. I have no idea how someone misinterpreted that. :rolleyes:

Well, there is quite a difference between misinterpreting and misstating, isn't there? :eek:

"What do you thing of the Bliss' Hull Art?" is a query that seeks to learn the opinion of others.

"I'm trying to decide if I like the hull art or not...thoughts?" is a query that, based on the stated "I'm trying to decide..." premise, indicates that the asker seeks to base their decision/opinion on the results of the query.

Well, there is quite a difference between misinterpreting and misstating, isn't there? :eek:

"What do you thing of the Bliss' Hull Art?" is a query that seeks to learn the opinion of others.

"I'm trying to decide if I like the hull art or not...thoughts?" is a query that, based on the stated "I'm trying to decide..." premise, indicates that the asker seeks to base their decision/opinion on the results of the query.

What you inferred wasn't implied. Nice try though.

No, of course not...it was plainly stated. Seeing that you, as you stated, "have no idea", I do see how you misunderstood.

Everyone, including me, understood the original post. You were confused, which is your norm. The OP tried to hold your hand and walk you through it, but to no avail. At this point, I will give up as well. Have a great day!

I can't help but notice the "mother" whale balancing the "baby" whale on her nose. I'm no marine biologist, but that doesn't seem like a behavior one is likely to see when observing whales in the wild.

It's probably supposed to represent the mother lifting the calf to the surface for the calf's first breath.

SL3619rlrg.jpg

I agree that it is unlikely to be seen from the ship. It's also art so it doesn't have to be factually correct. The calf isn't lifted above the waterline as depicted in the hull art.

It symbolizes the first breath, which the mother has to help the newborn take. Something every marine biologist would clearly identify as being normal.

I like the art but I'm wondering if there is going to be more of it, extending down the sides and at the aft. Maybe this was just a rough representation and there will be additional art (another whale or such) down the sides. Or how about some blue streaks or waves to symbolize water? Anything except those massive blank white spaces.