Pizza Pirate "Plus"

Pellaz

Agreed. I couldn't help but compare Pizza Pirate with Sorrento's (on Royal) and Pizza Pirate beat 'em hands down. IMO of course.

Yes, it's more of a "thin and crispy" pizza, but on Conquest at least, the pizza guys would routinely serve you two slices (i.e., a half-circle) of pizza as a normal order.

I am gluten free and they use the gluten free crust. They always just gave me the whole pizza. The second time I asked for just half and the pizza guy said that they would just throw the other half out in a few minutes. The standard looked like a half pizza for the regular crust pizza.

BTW: The gluten free crust is now much better than it was two years ago. The crust is crispy and tastes good. The only pizza where it isn't is the four cheese. There is too much cheese and moisture to get the crust crispy. I asked them to run it through a second time and they did. The edges were burnt but the rest of the pizza was very good.

Take care,

Mike

I am gluten free and they use the gluten free crust. They always just gave me the whole pizza. The second time I asked for just half and the pizza guy said that they would just throw the other half out in a few minutes. The standard looked like a half pizza for the regular crust pizza.

BTW: The gluten free crust is now much better than it was two years ago. The crust is crispy and tastes good. The only pizza where it isn't is the four cheese. There is too much cheese and moisture to get the crust crispy. I asked them to run it through a second time and they did. The edges were burnt but the rest of the pizza was very good.

Take care,

Mike

That's great to know about gf ! How about the bread in dinning room is it different yet ?

I think Triumph might serve some Italian foods at the PP at night. I saw a late night Italian place listed on the food places and someone said it was located at PP. I didn't go check it out because we went to PP on day one or 2 and it was inedible, I've had PP pizza before and while it's not gourmet it's decent for what it is, but this time it was bad, my crust was burned so bad you couldn't eat it and DD's was close, they weren't the same kind of pizza either. Other DDs wasn't burned but just didn't taste very good. When teens don't want pizza you know it's not good.

Nice review and nice photos Pellaz! :cool:

Thanks! It was my first intentionally booked balcony...and boy did we luck out. Those aft balconies on the sides of Deck 8 are half again as wide as the other afts and the same price, too. :D

• 11 months later...
I was wondering if the Pizza Pirate Plus expanded menu (from 11 pm to 1 am) is available on all ships with Pizza Pirate, just certain ship-classes, or....?

Is there a similar late-night menu expansion on ships with Pizzeria del Capitano?

Well, I can finally answer the second part of my original query. :)

Based on my recent Vista experience, the expanded "Plus" menu is NOT included late-night at Pizzeria del Capitano...but similar offerings ARE available at the "Late-Night Snacks" location, which was on Lido just to the right of the Deli's location. Offerings on Vista included a pasta dish, meatball subs, ham-and-cheese and grilled-cheese sandwiches, soup, and cookies. I don't know when it ended but it was at least as late as 1 am.

BTW, the Deli on Vista was a bit hard to find, as its location in the center of the Lido buffet facing aft differs from its "side corridor" location on Conquest-class ships, and there was never a sign posted for it.

I'm now wondering if the expanded Pizza Pirate "Plus" menu is still offered on any ship.

The 11pm-1am expanded menu was offered on the Breeze in May. Problem was, the pizza place is under staffed, seeminly always. I dont recall a rotation of late night items, but they had cookies, meatball subs and lasagna for sure. Subs were rushed and sometimes cold as a result of short staffing and long lines, but I intend to try again when I sail in March.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Forums mobile app