Live from the Quest

flyers

Back to topic, kkmiausa if you're still reading, new wines arrived onboard.

One is a Chablis, I tried and was not keen on it :o.

I saw one other new white wine., but not close enough to read the label

.Ask your sommelier if you can try them both to see which you prefer.

Nigella, thanks for you valiant [though unsuccessful :)] attempt to get us back to at least one of the original topics. This has become so broad-ranging (from rough seas to breadsticks, hotels, wine etc) that it is a bit frustrating to me. Would be much more useful if people would start new threads - especially for future travelers who might be searching for threads that have anything to do wiith breadsticks or wine selection and availability, for example.

Relax Zentraveler, we are not running a board meeting here. This is a social board and it is human nature for conversations to wander from time to time. Most threads go off track for a while, but usually return to topic fairly quickly.

Not meaning to hassle anyone cruising kirby, and am not unrelaxed. Just suggesting as a kindness to future travelers, and current readers, that such a free ranging discussion defeats the purpose of having threads with helpful titles and are searchable.

Also on the Quest, have had very limited time online due to work commitment but was following this thread with interest.

Must comment about Brooklyn.

Originally this cruise was never scheduled to visit NY. Port changes were made back in April or May. A port and a sea day were dropped, NY was the replacement.

We were always going to Brooklyn terminal from when the change was made, and it was a discussion I had here at the boards in reply to a thread started by this poster in September !

So not correct to say a change was made during the cruise!

Kk.s thread is here : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2400953

As for the cruise, enjoying very much. Great food, excellent crew. Very nice friendly fellow guests. Only disappointment is that I've been unable to get a Napa burger at the Patio, they run out very early in lunch service due to hugely popular!

Much easier to get to JFK from Brooklyn than the west side of Manhattan.