Nice touch NCL!

pisenor

As most are probably aware, NCL has recently launched several country specific versions of their website. In my case, I am automatically redirected to the new Canadian website for NCL. I am pleased now that I can see the current pricing in CAD. We are sailing in January and my amenities are now being displayed differently. My teenage son's beverage package was always displayed as the "Ultimate Soda Beverage Package" but now with the launch of the Canadian site it is displayed differently. They have adapted to the way most of us north of the border refer to soft drinks, as pop. Well done NCL!

29990754584_f10e46e53c_b.jpg

They also have distinct Canadian French vs. European French translations of some things. :)

The thing is, they already seemed overwhelmed by the task of maintaining one website before. I really despair that they will manage to maintain so many different versions of the site going forward. Like the guy who keeps complaining that they haven't put anything about GSC being closed for an extra month: at this point a seemingly minor change like that would involve about a dozen different websites…

The thing is, they already seemed overwhelmed by the task of maintaining one website before. I really despair that they will manage to maintain so many different versions of the site going forward.

I know, I have been dreading that possibility as well. But, knock on wood, things have been operating quite nicely with the new site so far.

The soda/"Pop" picture is of cans of soda. The soda included is not cans of soda. It's a glass of soda. Perhaps now that it is called "Ultimate" pop plan it will start including cans? I've always wished they would offer a non alcoholic package that included bottled water, soda cans and specialty coffees. For heavy users of these items it would be worth it at a much higher price point than current soda in a glass plan. I would love a either or package offer. Either UBP alcohol and soda from a gun or non alcoholic package with cans of soda, bottles of water and specialty coffees.

Edited by littlelulu01

Perhaps now that it is called "Ultimate" pop plan it will start including cans?

That would be nice but I'm not holding my breath that will happen any time soon.

Edited by pisenor

They should change the UBP to "Two-Fours, Forty pounders, Caesars and Wine"

Hahaha!

For the record, I never knew pop was pop north of the border, too. It's always been pop to me, and I thought most places in the US. I just thought soda was just an east coast thing. Who knew?

Edited by LrgPizza

I have to agree that as a Canadian consumer, it was nice to be able to price cruises on NCL.com earlier this week in Canadian currency. Especially with the on-going discrepancy in the exchange!

Hahaha!

For the record, I never knew pop was pop north of the border, too. It's always been pop to me, and I thought most places in the US. I just thought soda was just an east coast thing. Who knew?

Hi,

Growing up here in Glasgow we always called it ginger / bottle of ginger / can of ginger then stated the flavour.

I have to agree that as a Canadian consumer, it was nice to be able to price cruises on NCL.com earlier this week in Canadian currency. Especially with the on-going discrepancy in the exchange!

The prob is that, with CAD shown, one cannot tell if the base price in USD has changed. Fluctuations, up or down, could just be foreign currency exchange. Any downward movement on any NCL site, whether the currency is USD or CAD, is worth investigating with NCL or your TA as it may mean a price reduction. Woo hoo! Also suggest checking the US site from time to time to see if the 'real' price of the cruise has changed. You gotta luv the Internet!