Ventura

cocowills

Just booked a cruise on Ventura in June 2017, a little worried after reading it's showing a lot of wear & tear, carpets needing cleaner etc surely things like this are done before refit is 2018, and comments about bed linen not being changed😒

I have been cruising for a few years now and have always found land based hotels and their accommodation and service is only a patch on the equivalent accommodation and service you will find on cruise ships. A lot of people seem to complain on feedback and review sites and there is no guarantee that the people ever went on the cruise.

Regards John

I agree with John, I've read some reviews and have wondered whether than person has even been on the cruise they write about. We are going on Ventura for the first time in January and I will write a review on here - have been on Azura several times and never found a problem with wear and tear, yes I know Ventura is older. We went on Oceana again in May this year after reading what a "rust bucket" she had become with worn carpets etc. etc. We didn't find any of that, yes she is showing her age a little but we still thought she is an amazing ship with the best atrium in the fleet. I really shouldn't worry about what some people have said. We have done over 20 cruises with P&O now and have never had a "bad" one. We expect to enjoy the Ventura one as well.

Having been someone who has complained about P&O service standards and cleanliness in the past, I am happy to comment that on our recent cruises there has been a noticeable improvement.

They are not yet fully up to the Celebrity standard but there are signs that the top management are trying to get the senior on board staff to manage the staff operations better, and it is showing benefits.

Unfortunately there are still too many lazy troublemakers working for P&O, but once these are weeded out things should be even better. But the recent drop in Sterlings value will be causing pain to the service staff, so I do expect to see another increase in the auto gratuities, which I hope will not be accompanied by an increase in passengers removing the auto tip.

I havent been on Ventura, but have been on several other P &O ships. My suggestion is to ignore the vast majority of reviews! Similar to AnnieUK, i went on Oriana earlier this year, the company's oldest ship and expected the worst. Yes, to be fair, she was a little "tired" in places, and yes there was a bit of rust around the balcony door and some of the windows. So what! Every ship has rust in places, the ships are at sea 365 days a year! Maintenance takes place every single day...They get rust! But we had a fabulous time.

In the extremely unlikely event that you find that your sheets do not seem to be clean (. We have never had that on any ship) or do not get changed ....every 3 days I think....first of all speak to your cabin steward, and if that doesnt rectify matters, speak to reception.

Everyday you will see carpets being vacuumed, your cabin might possibly have a few marks on the carpet....people do spill things and if they havent reported it straight away, it could stain. They cant replace a cabin carpet every time something gets spilt on it! And how many pairs of feet tread on those carpets every day.....I think they wear well really!

When I first started cruising nearly 20 years ago, brand new ships were rare, and there were always things that did not look pristine....did any of that stop me enjoying my cruise? No, and it doesn't now.

Go with an open mind, don't look for, or expect perfection, and you wont be disappointed....and you will have a lovely time.

Totally agree with everything Mysticalmother has said. Ships age, are at sea all year, and have thousands of people using them every day - I think they actually look quite good considering.

I'm afraid you always get people who want to moan for the sake of it.

Quite why they do so after spending hard earned cash on a holiday is beyond me. I go on holiday to enjoy myself and try to look at the positives, not see the negatives. Go with that attitude and everything will be great!

Have a wonderful cruise! 😀

Sent from my Sony Z1 Compact.

We have booked Ventura for a cruise in Jan 2017. The last thing we worry about is about carpets etc. I doubt we will have anything to complain about once we are on board. My only concern is how big the meals are :D