Swimming Pool?

CozGurl

All we really want to do in Roatan is snorkel and float around in a pool - if a pool is available. Do any of the beach club things offer a pool?

I usually like to do my own thing but we're taking another couple and I think they'd be more comfortable with an organized excursion. And frankly Roantan is confusing me! I'm tired of trying to plan something. I'm doing the planning at our other two ports so would like to have someone else take care of me at this port I think.

There are several resorts with swimming pools along West Bay, West End and Sandy Bay. Not all have day passes though.

Infinity Bay has a nice pool.

http://www.infinitybay.com/index.html

Mayan Princess has a pool. But I have heard it is off limited to day pass guests, that may be false information.

http://www.mayanprincess.com

Maya Key has a small pool. You'll need a ship excursion to get there.

I think the limits come from few pools being on the island.

I do not believe Sandy Bay to be a good choice due to the reef being some distance out.

I do not believe Infinity is a proper cruise excursion, they do offer a very limited number of day passss and very good boat free acess to reef snorkeling will be steps from your lounger.

The proper excursion closest to Infinty is Tabyana Beach, that property is next door BUT no pool.

Maya Key is a proper cruise excursion.

There maybe others through tour companies. One would have to contact them to ask about pools, though most will not offer the snorkleing options Tabyana/West Bay does.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Edited by Guest 2000

Try this link.

http://www.svfreeradical.com/

Ed and Julie are terrific for a marvelous day on a beautiful catamaran. Snorkeling, sailing, food that cannot be beat and drinks for every taste. They will pick you up at port and return you on time. A small intimate group, max 12, we've sailed with them 3 times before.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by PT 109

There is actually a beach day package with carnival in Routan that was just over twenty bucks for two people. It included a lift ticket, there is a ski lift that goes to the beach, it was cool. Then it includes two beach loungers with a sunshade and two floating mats, for the entire day. It was actually wonderful, the swimming area was great and we just hung out there the entire day. There is a restaurant right there that does service right to your beach lounger. You can lie there and look right st the ship actually. Relaxing day. Carnival docks at a mahogany Bay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I very much enjoyed my day with Free Radical, the staff is spot on, the food is wonderful and just keeps coming, the snorkeling is good. no pool though.

Indeed, Mahogany Bay has a beach, no pool and the snorkeling is not even close to that offered at Tabyana/West Bay. It would be a very easy beach day.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk