Adventure Bound Alaska-reviews?

cheflauraleh

I have gone with them 2x and seen whales both times. I know it is a chance both times but Captain Steve does seem to stop for wildlife. I have seen bears both times also.

It is my favorite excursion in Alaska - I strongly recommend it. I have nothing negative to say about the excursion.

Edited by Coral

I have gone with them 2x and seen whales both times. I know it is a chance both times but Captain Steve does seem to stop for wildlife. I have seen bears both times also.

It is my favorite excursion in Alaska - I strongly recommend it. I have nothing negative to say about the excursion.

Awesome! Thank you for your reply! We had planned on just doing Mendenhall but then I ran across this one and it looks amazing. Can't wait!

I've done this a half dozen times and would say I've seen whales on at least 5 of the 6. Capt Steve will stop or slightly detour if the whales are close and active but his main priority is time at the Glaciers. Last couple of trips I've also seen bears along the shore and Steve brought the boat within 20-30 feet of the shoreline so we had an up close and personal view of the bears. I plan on doing this again next May if they have started tours.

Awesome! Thank you for your reply! We had planned on just doing Mendenhall but then I ran across this one and it looks amazing. Can't wait!

Mendenhall doesn't even compare closely to Adventure Bound tour. I am underwhelmed with Mendenhall.

I am trying to book this excursion in June 2017 and have not received a reply to several emails I have sent. The website won't let me book online past March 2017.

The website said it departs at 7:45 but our ship is not scheduled to arrive until 7:30 and I am worried about making it on time.

I am trying to book this excursion in June 2017 and have not received a reply to several emails I have sent. The website won't let me book online past March 2017.

The website said it departs at 7:45 but our ship is not scheduled to arrive until 7:30 and I am worried about making it on time.

They may have shut down the office for the season, its a pretty small operation but have been doing it for years. I think in the winter they are down in the Seattle area.

In the spring try contacting them or even give them a call. Talk to Winona and tell them what ship you are arriving on and she will confirm if the timing will work. In my experience they actually sail more likely between 8-8:30am depending on when everyone is aboard.

I line up on the ship about 20-30 minutes before they start letting passengers off to make sure I'm one of the first off. Then its either quick run down to their dock or they may actually be waiting for you on the pier with a car. Last trip I actually boarded the boat at a dock between the Tram and the Princess ship as it saved them a couple of minutes. Talk to them and they will try an make it work.

On our last trip to Alaska, we took this excursion and it was the best ever! We had a large group and everyone had an incredible time. It is a long day, but worth it. When the boat is cutting through the ice as it gets close to the glacier that is such an amazing experience! Would do this again in a heartbeat! You will not regret it....and yes we saw many, many whales!