Any Tips To Not Gain Too Much Weight??

taylortime05

I just came back from a cruise after losing a lot of weight in the last year. I did come back 3 lbs heavier but it was gone a week after being home and getting back to my normal routine. That said, I would recommend early dining as to late. We have always in the past done the later one ( we like to have the set times) but this time we did the 6:00 one. Way easier to eat what I wanted and then walk around the ship after. I also had a bottle of water in between every alcoholic drink, that seemed to help too. We took the stairs often and really just walked whenever we could whether on the ship or in port.

Good luck

Sherri

just because it's available, you don't have to eat it

do not eat pizza and pasta and bread before dinner

walk do not take elevator

if you don't eat it at home, don't eat it on the cruise

you do not have to order everything because you think it's free

do not drink mudslides pina coladas banana dacquiris or other frozen drinks because you got the drink package

you can skip breakfast or lunch if you really aren't hungry

use your head and think before you put it on a plate

a cruise is not a free for all designed to have you at the trough stuffing your face because there is food available

control yourself

that is all

just because it's available, you don't have to eat it

do not eat pizza and pasta and bread before dinner

walk do not take elevator

if you don't eat it at home, don't eat it on the cruise

you do not have to order everything because you think it's free

do not drink mudslides pina coladas banana dacquiris or other frozen drinks because you got the drink package

you can skip breakfast or lunch if you really aren't hungry

use your head and think before you put it on a plate

a cruise is not a free for all designed to have you at the trough stuffing your face because there is food available

control yourself

that is all

I am from MI too! I do not plan to lose control! But I will most likely eat & drink more than I would at home. But I will do everything in moderation.

I am down 150 pounds and eating on a cruise is a bit of a challenge. But I have only gained 2 pounds at most on a 12 day cruise. Like others I only take the stairs and measure my steps. I often will only order appetizers instead of a main dish. I do order dessert but only eat a bite or two. I don't eat breakfast on a regular basis. One key point for me is paying attention to what I am eating. Often at a table involved in conversation it can become easy to overeat. So I avoid the bread basket , eat soup and then not much more. I don't cruise to overeat but tasting is great fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That used to be my opinion. Then 2 years ago I lost 65 pounds in about 2 months. I never paid any attention to calories, didn't do any additional exercising. If "low fat" was on the label I stayed away. It was the

LCHF diet.

I've put about 15 pounds back on but 185 was too skinny for me anyway. My blood numbers, always good, improved. I got a bit evangelical about how to lose weight. Then a friend wanted my advice and the LCHF lifestyle, after initial success, didn't work for him. :confused:

On cruises I only avoid a lot of bread and potatoes. I always had a dessert. Drank alcohol with soda water instead of pop. Works for me...

This is what I do as well. 30 lbs gone in 4 months and they have stayed off! For our upcoming cruise, I plan to order off the menu, ask for no rice, potato, pasta, etc and get extra vegetables instead. My diabetes is completely under control with diet and exercise, no medication.

I will be slightly more indulgent on the cruise, but still keep my carbs in check.

[quote name=stillhott;51497803

if you don't eat it at home' date=' don't eat it on the cruise

control yourself

that is all[/quote]

That is all? You've just ruined my cruise :eek:

I WANT to eat the things I can't obtain at home. While I agree gluttony is never appropriate, a cruise is an escape from the ordinary and it should be enjoyed to the greatest extent possible. Health concerns aside, I say go for it and diet back at home

Congrats on your great loss it's not easy .

My advice for loosing before u go is go back to basics reread your we books like your a new member and I don't know if you do it in the states with we but track everything u eat.

As for not gaining weigh while on the cruise good luck with that I intend to be good but I have zero will power I do eat a lot of fruit while on the cruise and walk everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just back from 19 days total and 15 day transatlantic cruise. We took stairs and went to Gym everyday for one hour. We did not miss one meal, ate more bread than we ever do and most nights dessert. My husband came home yesterday and said he lost 3 pounds!!!!

Today I got back to GYM stepped on scale and gingerly looked at pounds and was pleasantly surprised. I gained one pound.

Forgot to say we danced every night for about a half hour too.

One thing for me is the main entree portion was too big so I did not always eat it all. I told waiter to bring me smaller portions if he could.

Food was very good on our crossing. One night did not want any entrees so ate 3 appetizers,