Any Tips To Not Gain Too Much Weight??

taylortime05

Here's a little trick I forgot in my earlier post. I often find myself at the table waiting for the next course to be served with part of my food uneaten (trying to portion control) on my plate. While I'm waiting for the plate to be removed, I used to find myself having just another little bit, and another and so on. Now, when I'm done, I simply pour a little water (not a puddle!) on top of the uneaten portion, making it unappetizing to nibble while I wait. Works really well on desserts. Nothing less appetizing that soggy cake, ice cream, crème brulee, etc.

Salt works well too, and makes less of a mess.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here's a little trick I forgot in my earlier post. I often find myself at the table waiting for the next course to be served with part of my food uneaten (trying to portion control) on my plate. While I'm waiting for the plate to be removed, I used to find myself having just another little bit, and another and so on. Now, when I'm done, I simply pour a little water (not a puddle!) on top of the uneaten portion, making it unappetizing to nibble while I wait. Works really well on desserts. Nothing less appetizing that soggy cake, ice cream, crème brulee, etc.

Thank you for all the great tips! This is a really good one! I do not want to leave dinner feeling too stuffed and uncomfortable. I just need to approach everything with moderation. I am also little worried about the cocktails because this is the first time having a beverage package and I know they can add up to a lot of calories. But I will try and limit myself to 2-3 a day. I am also going to do a lot of walking so that will help too. And drink a lot of water.

I can't wait for December! I think we are both on the Dec 11 Eclipse sailing! See you soon!:)

To me, having the beverage package is asking for trouble with regards to extra calories. Do you and your DH really drink even to justify the cost of it? We take a bottle of wine each onboard as allowed by the policy and we enjoy one in the room and the other,we pay the corkage and enjoy at dinner. The last time we took the premium water package and enjoyed sparkling water with our meals or the occasional beer during the day. For breakfast,I only eat what I would at home,a bowl of oatmeal and a banana. We lean towards salads for lunch since so many of the hot meals look like re-created versions of the mains from the night before. And really, the portions at dinner are small so we enjoy an appetizer,salad and a main. Quite frankly, the desserts are bland. Our "sweet" treat is the ice cream that's available at the Lido deck.

We take the stairs whenever possible and since I wake up early,I do use the gym and then I walk the inside corridors of the ship.Unless you hit the walking track outside really early,it's quite hard to make your way around with all the chairs and people. That's the one sore point about X,the absence of the traditional promenade. We were on HAL last winter and really enjoyed that feature.

Thank you for all the great tips! This is a really good one! I do not want to leave dinner feeling too stuffed and uncomfortable. I just need to approach everything with moderation. I am also little worried about the cocktails because this is the first time having a beverage package and I know they can add up to a lot of calories. But I will try and limit myself to 2-3 a day. I am also going to do a lot of walking so that will help too. And drink a lot of water.

I can't wait for December! I think we are both on the Dec 11 Eclipse sailing! See you soon!:)

2-3 mixed drinks can add up to as many as 1000+ calories per day so be careful what you choose! You would have to walk 10 miles a day to burn that off.:eek:

We are...42 days to go:) you'll know me by I'll be the one with the big smile on my face at embarkation while I sip my welcome board bubbly and hear my card ding the first time!:):

To me, having the beverage package is asking for trouble with regards to extra calories. Do you and your DH really drink even to justify the cost of it? We take a bottle of wine each onboard as allowed by the policy and we enjoy one in the room and the other,we pay the corkage and enjoy at dinner. The last time we took the premium water package and enjoyed sparkling water with our meals or the occasional beer during the day. For breakfast,I only eat what I would at home,a bowl of oatmeal and a banana. We lean towards salads for lunch since so many of the hot meals look like re-created versions of the mains from the night before. And really, the portions at dinner are small so we enjoy an appetizer,salad and a main. Quite frankly, the desserts are bland. Our "sweet" treat is the ice cream that's available at the Lido deck.

We take the stairs whenever possible and since I wake up early,I do use the gym and then I walk the inside corridors of the ship.Unless you hit the walking track outside really early,it's quite hard to make your way around with all the chairs and people. That's the one sore point about X,the absence of the traditional promenade. We were on HAL last winter and really enjoyed that feature.

Thank you for all the great tips! This is the first time we have gotten the beverage package and it came as a perk. If I didn't have the package there are times I'd like to order a drink but my thrifty side thinks they are too pricey and I would skip it. But you are right if I was paying retail price for this package there is no way that I would drink enough to make it worth the price. I do not plan on drinking more than 2-3 drinks per day but I know that's already a lot of calories.

We are...42 days to go:) you'll know me by I'll be the one with the big smile on my face at embarkation while I sip my welcome board bubbly and hear my card ding the first time!:):

I will also have a big smile and a bubbly! What is the card that is going to ding? See you in 42 days1:)

Eat less and exercise more. It truly isn't rocket science.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, I agree with you. That's why I like Weight Watchers because they teach moderation. Nothing is off limit but you just have to account for it. And exercise helps us stay young. I know all this. I just have to practice it on the cruise where there are more temptations. :)

2-3 mixed drinks can add up to as many as 1000+ calories per day so be careful what you choose! You would have to walk 10 miles a day to burn that off.:eek:

Especially if you drink the frozen or mixed drinks with a lot of sugar.

A scotch and water has

One ounce of scotch whiskey contains about 64 calories if it's 80 proof, or 80 calories if it's 100 proof.

A glass of red wine (1.5 oz) has 125 calories.

Especially if you drink the frozen or mixed drinks with a lot of sugar.

A scotch and water has

One ounce of scotch whiskey contains about 64 calories if it's 80 proof, or 80 calories if it's 100 proof.

A glass of red wine (1.5 oz) has 125 calories.

1.5 oz of red wine? That's not a glass - that's a thimble of wine!:p

Eat less and exercise more. It truly isn't rocket science.

That used to be my opinion. Then 2 years ago I lost 65 pounds in about 2 months. I never paid any attention to calories, didn't do any additional exercising. If "low fat" was on the label I stayed away. It was the

LCHF diet.

I've put about 15 pounds back on but 185 was too skinny for me anyway. My blood numbers, always good, improved. I got a bit evangelical about how to lose weight. Then a friend wanted my advice and the LCHF lifestyle, after initial success, didn't work for him. :confused:

On cruises I only avoid a lot of bread and potatoes. I always had a dessert. Drank alcohol with soda water instead of pop. Works for me...

You have waited a long time for your trip so my opinion is: Eat what you want, Drink all you desire, Enjoy every day and don't worry about putting on a few extra pounds. Fat people are usually more fun anyway and you could get hit by a truck on your way home.

you have waited a long time for your trip so my opinion is: Eat what you want, drink all you desire, enjoy every day and don't worry about putting on a few extra pounds. Fat people are usually more fun anyway and you could get hit by a truck on your way home.

i agree...well stated.

Life's short, eat dessert first!:d

1.5 oz of red wine? That's not a glass - that's a thimble of wine!:p

Sorry, I didn't have my reading glasses on.

How many calories are in a glass of red wine? Well, that depends somewhat on the person pouring the glass of red wine. A typical restaurant pour of red wine is 5 ounces, yet most of the trendy diets that allow wine, recommend 4 ounces of red wine as a standard serving size. Yes, a mere 1/2 cup of wine, measure and then pour. You may be surprised what a 4-ounce pour looks like in a large-rimmed red wine glass!

When it comes to the number of calories in a glass of red wine, you can figure approximately 25 calories per ounce of red wine. So your glass of red wine at a typical restaurant tops out at 125 calories.

http://wine.about.com/od/wineandhealth/f/How-Many-Calories-In-Red-Wine.htm

DO NOT PUT YOUR CLOTHES IN THE CLOSET ON THE SHIP!

For some unknown reason your clothes will start shrinking in there after about 3 or 4 days. Don't believe it?? Then why after you get home and put them back in your closet about 2 weeks later they usually fit you again? I have complained again and again to the management to no avail! They look at me like I'm nuts!:eek::eek::eek:

PS

It also helps to tell your waiter to not bring a bread basket to the table.

DO NOT PUT YOUR CLOTHES IN THE CLOSET ON THE SHIP!

For some unknown reason your clothes will start shrinking in there after about 3 or 4 days. Don't believe it?? Then why after you get home and put them back in your closet about 2 weeks later they usually fit you again? I have complained again and again to the management to no avail! They look at me like I'm nuts!:eek::eek::eek:

PS

It also helps to tell your waiter to not bring a bread basket to the table.

True! I find that the sandals I leave by my bed fit just fine all throughout the cruise. Never put 2 and 2 together.

Agree with coco above but I. Would also recommend using the opportunity to eat something that you do not usually have..reduce the chips and pizza temptation (don't cut out altogether but have half a portion) and try the freshly grilled salmon, tuna and

Tilapia. Most of all enjoy the cruise

Sent from my iPad using Forums