Shopping for basics

brynmelyndavid

I know this is a mundane question but it's one of those things that the P&O website and the brochure and the cruise personaliser son't seem to tell you, (probably because it's so mundane!

I believe that among the retail offerings on board Azura there is what might be termed a 'general store'? My question is does it sell things like mouthwash? With luggage weight restrictions seriously challenging my packing ability I am looking to economise on disposables that I can readily purchase on board but it would be helpful to know if my assumption that I can get 'dailies' on board is correct....

Can anyone enlighten me please?

I know this is a mundane question but it's one of those things that the P&O website and the brochure and the cruise personaliser son't seem to tell you, (probably because it's so mundane!

I believe that among the retail offerings on board Azura there is what might be termed a 'general store'? My question is does it sell things like mouthwash? With luggage weight restrictions seriously challenging my packing ability I am looking to economise on disposables that I can readily purchase on board but it would be helpful to know if my assumption that I can get 'dailies' on board is correct....

Can anyone enlighten me please?

Could you buy at the airport once you have gone through security? There is usually a boots airs idea and would have more choice/cheaper than onboard. Plus it will eat into observed or spending money if you purchase on board.

If you're going in a day early we've started finding a drug store in that city and buying our basic items (sun lotion, hair stuff, teeth stuff, etc). Then, the day vacation is done we leave everything left in the trash in our room. If you shop smart you shouldn't be leaving much behind and it saves on that bag weight

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I stock up at the airport, shampoo conditioner, hair spray, deodorant, etc etc, I usually have some reward vouchers from work and ask for boots vouchers for this purpose.

It also uses the boring wait time at the airport

You can also place an order on the Boots website and select your collection as the airport store i.e. if flying from Birmingham airport select Birmingham Airport Airside as your store to collect from. I did this last year and it worked really well, saved lots of weight in my case (suntan cream, toiletries etc.), I got the exact brands I wanted and they were priced competitively. Saved any worry and was so easy.

The range in the shop is very basic and I wouldn't rely on them stocking something.

I overhead another passenger asking if they stocked hearing aid batteries, to be told they didn't. Now I know slightly unusual, but given the customer demographic, I wouldn't have thought an unusual request.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk