Questions from a wacky group heading out on first X Cruise

zamgwar

Greetings all,

Well Halloween is behind us, that means Myself, "She who must be obeyed" and 36 other members of our merry band of rabble will be rabble rousing on Infinity in now less than 4 months.

May I have a Woo-hoo!!! WOOOoo-Hoooo.

This is the forth time this gang of old friends (some back to grammer school) is heading out on the High Seas together, and our first Celebrity Cruise.

We started going on a "once in a lifetime friends cruise for the Millennium, and had so much fun, we now have a "Once in a Lifetime" cruise every other year. We're hoping it is at least As good as our favorite. That was Grand Princess in 2002.

I now need to kull some vital info from you wise and well traveled X fans. First the most important.....

1) Are there REAL (classic) Martini glasses on Infinity

2) Is Bombay Sapphire Gin well stocked behind the bar

and then just for my info

3) I know, sadly, there is no wrap-around promenade on the Millie Class ships. I cannot tell, however, from looking at the deck plans if it just dead ends forward at the theater, our goes around the bow. Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Thanks in advance for your help. More questions will come as the sea beckons louder, and a Dandy of a review will be offered in Gratitude.

John

Office of the High Seas

The Zamgwar Institute

Greetings all,

3) I know, sadly, there is no wrap-around promenade on the Millie Class ships. I cannot tell, however, from looking at the deck plans if it just dead ends forward at the theater, our goes around the bow. Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

Thanks in advance for your help. More questions will come as the sea beckons louder, and a Dandy of a review will be offered in Gratitude.

John

Office of the High Seas

The Zamgwar Institute

The passenger accessible area on the promenade deck 4 of Millenium class ships extends forward of the entrance to the theatre, but narrows quite a bit. It is also more "closed in" forward of the theater, but still with large open port holes. But it is chained off (no admittance) further forward except for crew, of course. Yes, it dead ends. That is the access to the observation deck for glaciers in Alaska when they do allow passengers beyond that point. Have to climb some steep stairs to get there, but they open it for a few hours on special occasions like the glacier. I'm not sure if that is the heliport. Anyone?

.1) Are there REAL (classic) Martini glasses on Infinity

2) Is Bombay Sapphire Gin well stocked behind the bar

Looks like #3 is covered. As to #1 and #2, yes on both counts. Bombay Sapphire can also be ordered for your cabin in a 1 liter bottle along with mixer and nuts etc in advance of your cruise. I believe they get $55 for the package.

River Cruise was fantastic. Weather was even more fantastic -- we had all the wrong clothes. Took the 7-day report before we left and what we knew of central Europe at the end of October, but ... Flannel and cords weren't quite appropriate for weather in the high 70's! Even the ship's crew was amazed. In the next week, I'll write up something more specific!

and as far as martinis... don't miss the martini tasting (on our last two celebrity cruises it was the day we boarded). I remember paying $5 and at the end of the martini tasting... hmmm... well... it was a great way to start a cruise! Just couldn't find the dining room!

Martinis are fabulous in the martini bar! (Not as good elsewhere)

Bombay Sapphire our preferred gin as well... always available!

Enjoy!

Now all I need to do is find a merry band of travellers like you have!

Not only are they real martini glasses, but they are really FULL martini Glasses! I found they poured quite generously and always had to sip that first sip carefully! The samplers were definitely a great start to the cruise! You will enjoy tremendously!

Not only are they real martini glasses, but they are really FULL martini Glasses! I found they poured quite generously and always had to sip that first sip carefully! The samplers were definitely a great start to the cruise! You will enjoy tremendously!
I've heard it from the "experts" that the Chocolate Martini tastes too good to stop with just one, and that "enough" (if it is possible to apply that word in this context) can cause severe post-ingestion euphoria, followed by disorientation and lack of spacial perception leading to falling off your stool at the martini bar -- might explain the prior poster's comments about finding the dining room.:D

River Cruise was fantastic. Weather was even more fantastic -- we had all the wrong clothes. Took the 7-day report before we left and what we knew of central Europe at the end of October, but ... Flannel and cords weren't quite appropriate for weather in the high 70's! Even the ship's crew was amazed. In the next week, I'll write up something more specific!

I'm looking forward to reading all about your cruise...We've been talking about doing this type of trip for awhile...thanks in advance.

Karyn

I've heard it from the "experts" that the Chocolate Martini tastes too good to stop with just one, and that "enough" (if it is possible to apply that word in this context) can cause severe post-ingestion euphoria, followed by disorientation and lack of spacial perception leading to falling off your stool at the martini bar -- might explain the prior poster's comments about finding the dining room.:D

I've heard the same. Best part is the Dining room is just outside the Martini Bar! :eek:

even though all your questions have been answered, I just couldn't resist butting in with my three cents....

Cent #1 The little shakers in the Martini Bar are for sale for I think 5 bucks...they make a great souvenir and work really well (grin) at home for a single.

Cent #2 If you like Bombay have you tried Tanquery 10 which unfortunately X wasn't stocking on my last visit.

Cent #3 If you like Bombay and/or 10, you should really try "Hendricks" which is REALLY tasty!

Clay

I am very thankful for the answers to both my martini questions. It is comforting to know there are still good people out there that understand the importance of a good martini. Always remember the rules!!!

One is not enough

Two is too many

Three is not enough.

Thanks also for the response to the Promenade question. It dead ends. sigh.

Tres Bummer. Oh well...some promenade is better than no promenade.

John

Office of Shaken Not stirred

The Zamgwar Institute

Archived