Guaranteed Shops in Ports - Contacting RCCL

ash2bear

Which store? We bought a ring from Diamonds International one time. My wife has very small fingers and they had to resize it. It was a band with small diamonds around it (not very expensive), and one of the small diamonds fell out because of the resizing. We contacted them directly and they replaced it no problem. When they returned it (they're in New York), it happened again. They were very nice, and replaced it again. They said if it fell out again they'd replace the ring or refund the money, our choice. It's been fine since. But point is, I can confidently say that Diamond International, at least for us, really backed their product. So if it's one of those stores, you can probably call them directly. Check any paperwork you have for instructions.

We purchased a sterling silver ring from Diamonds International(St. Maarten) in June. It has turned black. Went into the store, last week, in Jamaica to speak with someone. They said they couldn't help but told us to contact customer service in New York and they would refund or replace. In the email I received from DI, they refer to the discoloration as an 'inconvenience', and have offered to clean ring. They can give me no assurance that it will not happen again. We had asked, before buying, if there was any chance ring would tarnish/change color and the salesperson assured us it was sterling silver and that wouldn't happen. Was not a cheap ring and I am very disappointed. Will never buy from this store again and will encourage others to avoid as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ash2bear

Sterling silver will tarnish. Sterling silver is only 92.5% silver. The make up of the other 7.5% of the metal will determine how quickly it tarnishes typically. If it's primarily copper, it will tarnish quicker.

The silver reacts to the air and moisture. If you use hand lotion with your ring on that will hasten the process as well.

It can be cleaned. This isn't a defect.